Author Topic: Hogan Fired By WWE  (Read 8606 times)

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
Hogan Fired By WWE
« on: July 24, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »
No thread on this yet?

Allegedly Hogan went on a racial tirade and there's audio. Also apparently speaking against The Rock.

He's been removed as judge on Tough Enough, his contract is terminated, all of his merch is offline.

Wow.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
Re: Hogan Fired By WWE
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
No thread on this yet?

Allegedly Hogan went on a racial tirade and there's audio. Also apparently speaking against The Rock.

He's been removed as judge on Tough Enough, his contract is terminated, all of his merch is offline.

Wow.

I'm hearing it was stuff said during the sex tape.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »
I'm hearing it was stuff said during the sex tape.

Seems like there is different audio floating around. People have been posting his comments from 2012 as the stuff released today. Apparently it's not the same.

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Meltzer had this to say regarding it

By Dave Meltzer, WrestlingObserver.com w/additional info from Josh Nason

On Friday morning, WWE announced they have terminated the contract of Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea. Their brief statement:

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

A few minutes afterward, the National Enquirer and Radar Online released a story that claims Hogan made racist comments on a sex tape, using the N-word several times in a dialogue about someone that was was offering to fund daughter Brooke's music career. Here's an excerpt from their story:

"I dont know if Brooke was f*cking the black guys son," Hulk raved, the sources add.

"I mean, I dont have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n*ggers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever."

Then, in a tirade to rival the racism embarrassments suffered by Mel Gibson and "Dog The Bounty Hunter," Hulk unloaded even more hatred!

According to sources, he said: "I mean, Id rather if she was going to f*ck some n*gger, Id rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n*gger worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!

"I guess were all a little racist. Fucking n*gger."

The dropping of Hogan was entirely due to the content on the sex tape with Heather Clem, believed to be from 2006, who at the time was the wife of Bubba the Love Sponge.

Although only one sex tape had surfaced, in 2012, which led to Hogan's $100 million lawsuit against Gawker Media, which showed excerpts from the tape, an FBI investigation showed three additional DVDs of Hogan and Clem.

Those close to the situation indicated that other speculated reasons over the last day had nothing to do with the decision, including a 2012 radio interview that had been talked about in many circles as the possible reason.

At this point Hogan has not been removed from historical content on the WWE Network.  But he won't be involved in anything current or going forward.

After learning of the content that was going to be released, on Thursday night, the WWE ordered its web site to eliminate all mentions of Hogan, including as an Alumni or as a Hall of Famer, in addition to his merchandise. He was also removed as a judge for Tough Enough and at this point a replacement has not been named.  Curtis Axel will be dropping his Axel Mania gimmick immediately.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »
 :fr:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »
Holy shit I heard about this but not all of it.  He's being kicked from the Hall of Fame?!  That's nuts

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 05:34:42 PM »
Holy shit I heard about this but not all of it.  He's being kicked from the Hall of Fame?!  That's nuts

He's also now been removed from TNA's alumni section.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 05:49:20 PM »

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 06:09:07 PM »

Crazy Train

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
Holy shit. Is this a shoot? Was all that Norko posted from Dave?

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
SMH, Hulk. SMH.
"I'm gonna fist my cock and Reign all over this bitch." --Roman Reigns

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »

Once all this has died down and Hogan has made his amends in the media, Vince will re-instate everything with Hogan.

Vince only did this because of his lawyers and to distant the WWE from Hogan's legal problems.

You gotta remember Vince said the "n-word" himself on TV to John Cena.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 07:38:18 PM »

You gotta remember Vince said the "n-word" himself on TV to John Cena.

In character. In a scripted comedy segment, with the "hip hop friendly" usage of the word.

I mean seriously, the two situations couldn't be any more opposite.
"I'm gonna fist my cock and Reign all over this bitch." --Roman Reigns

The Sock

• HEY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »
Always knew Hogan was a phony. Even when he became a "born-again Christian" I never bought it one bit.
TWO WORDS: SOCK IT!

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 09:01:58 PM »
I thought Hogan jumped the 'decent human-being' shark when the audio of his talking to kid surfaced, after the car accident, basically blaming the passenger 'being a negative person' for his being in a coma or something.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 09:26:49 PM »
How can Hogan be a racist? He fights for the rights of EVERY man!  :biggrin_mini2:

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »
I thought Hogan jumped the 'decent human-being' shark when the audio of his talking to kid surfaced, after the car accident, basically blaming the passenger 'being a negative person' for his being in a coma or something.

This just exemplifies how sensitive everybody is (or pretends to be) towards these issues. Hogan blaming the passenger for that car wreck...he did get heat for it and it lasted about a minute. Since then Michael PS Hayes had that little incident with Mark Henry if you remember back. WWE and fans alike defended him. If that happened today he would be gone and some tape trading forum would be putting together a comp of all his matches with the WWF blur over his old face paint.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »
How can Hogan be a racist? He fights for the rights of EVERY man!  :biggrin_mini2:

Guess what's Donald Trump's campaign theme is.

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »
In character. In a scripted comedy segment, with the "hip hop friendly" usage of the word.

I mean seriously, the two situations couldn't be any more opposite.

Sorry, but I really don't see it that way.

When a black person says that word, it has the meaning of that segment. Regardless, a white person saying it even in that manner, still carries a heavy connotation to it. Black people see that as meaning the baser form regardless of a white person's intent. Even if we supposedly have moved beyond that today, it still carries that sting.

From what I know about Hogan's situation, it wasn't the interview with DJ Whoo Kid (where he did say in the joking manner) but what he said on a sex tape about the Rock and about his daughter's choices that got him in trouble.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »
Here's my issue.  If all this is because of what was said in an interview in 2012 or on a sex tape in 2006 why the fuck is he only just NOW getting termed?

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 10:53:22 AM »
Here's my issue.  If all this is because of what was said in an interview in 2012 or on a sex tape in 2006 why the fuck is he only just NOW getting termed?

That IS the question here. 

Remember that time Bill Watts was throwing his weight around, and then some  disgruntled workers forwarded his racially charged comments to a black share holder? 

If someone wanted to ruin Hogans career, this is one way to do it. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:01:17 AM by DocSavage »

SupTool

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »

Alledgrdly, it stems from his lawsuit with Gawker media regarding the sex tape. Some speculate someone from Gawker leaked the racial stuff to help assassinate Hogan's character.

SupTool

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 11:52:23 AM »
Regarding the Vince McMahon skit with Cena and Booker T. WWE did explain it, though I don't think they really had to explain it because I agree with theirs and Torgo's sentiment on it.

was an outlandish and satirical skit involving fictional characters, similar to that of many scripted television shows and movies.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
Yeah, I mean - if an actor says 'n****r' in a scripted TV or movie, do we assume that person is a racist, or the person who wrote it in the script?