Author Topic: Hogan Fired By WWE  (Read 7880 times)

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
Re: Hogan Fired By WWE
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
Yeah, I mean - if an actor says 'n****r' in a scripted TV or movie, do we assume that person is a racist, or the person who wrote it in the script?

Exactly. Tarantino would be the Racist King if that's how people judged that kind of thing.
"I'm gonna fist my cock and Reign all over this bitch." --Roman Reigns

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
I wonder how many people's lives would stand up to the scrutiny of every personal conversation being recorded and broadcast to the public
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
I wonder how many people's lives would stand up to the scrutiny of every personal conversation being recorded and broadcast to the public

No one's life would stand up to it. NO ONE.

There is a book by Jon Ronson, "So You've Been Publicly Shamed," that is supposed to be great at examining this. It's on my "to read" list.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 07:06:31 PM »
Twitter and Facebook is the worst thing ever. You have millions of 16  -  24  year olds bullying corporations into running their company the way their young, dumb asses want.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »
Ok so what's the deal with the Mr Maerica article that A1 shared on FB? Was it just a spoof article?

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 05:58:42 AM »
Its from kayfabenews. Think the Onion but for wrestling. Yes its parody

freud mayweather

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »

No one's would, but that doesn't make a difference when you work for a publically traded company, at the mercy of stockholders and advertisers.
sportsball idiots

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
No one's would, but that doesn't make a difference when you work for a publically traded company, at the mercy of stockholders and advertisers.

That's true, but it's funny what sets them off.  It's like there's a checklist where if you hit it,  they overreact on cue, while ignoring a laundry list of evidence that this persons always been a terrible human being..  (For that matter, where was the outrage over Alberto's racially based harassement?  Would the reaction have been different if he was black?)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:43:07 PM by DocSavage »

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
There was outrage over Del Rio's firing though.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »
This was all Hogan's fault. I don't care he made racist comnents, even admitting it was racist, but he let Bubba The Love Sponge film him in a sex tape where these tapes always get out and he goes on a racist rant on record.

All this after his wife cleaned him out in the divorce.

I'm hoping he comes back after this all is forgotten in a year or two. Right now is pretty much the worst time to be a racist.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
In today's climate I understand why WWE moved so swiftly and completely, but (and this is not defense of his remarks which are his own fault) I'm starting to grow weary of the idea that every mistake/poor decision/whatever term you want to use is a fatal issue for those involved.  I don't feel bad for Hogan and he made his own bed on this one, but still.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »
It's only select terms too. Lena Dunham admits to child molestation and lied about being raped, but she's fine. Mozilla CEO gave some money for a candidate who was against gay marriage and the mob comes out and he is fired.

Very immature times.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
I mean yeah, Hogan's dead ass wrong in this case, but can we really not just have him apologize take a suspension and go from there? 

Part of it is I'm just mad that he won't be in the WWE games and Mattel can't make any figures or release the announced ones until this blows over.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
Hogan might have gotten away with it had he said nigga like a white person or Vince with Cena, but he dropped the hard R twice and acknowledged he was going on a racist rant Dog the Bounty Hunter style.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
Yeah I'm mostly pissed I can't get any of his nWo stuff from Mattel now.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »
Honestly, the thing that's most likely to prevent Hogan from ever coming back is his age, and even that's not a total dealbreaker. The WWE canned him to escape an avalanche of bad publicity they would've surely garnered for continuing to employ a guy who admitted to being a racist.

Cut ahead five years - let's assume Hogan keeps his head down and out of trouble, and stays in shape. Is it so outlandish that Vince or Stephanie or whomever is running Creative wouldn't see money-making potential in bringing Hogan back for a short run?

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 06:06:33 PM »
Its not outlandish in your scenario. But can Hogan stay out of the spotlight for that long?

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »
Honestly, the thing that's most likely to prevent Hogan from ever coming back is his age, and even that's not a total dealbreaker. The WWE canned him to escape an avalanche of bad publicity they would've surely garnered for continuing to employ a guy who admitted to being a racist.

Cut ahead five years - let's assume Hogan keeps his head down and out of trouble, and stays in shape. Is it so outlandish that Vince or Stephanie or whomever is running Creative wouldn't see money-making potential in bringing Hogan back for a short run?

Considering Ultimate Warrior has said terrible things about homosexuals, he'll probably be back. They're just doing what they have to do in 2015.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »
Yeah I'm mostly pissed I can't get any of his nWo stuff from Mattel now.

Well, you could always gouge a Smackdown game or Hulkamania foam finger to pay for a gouged NWO t-shirt off Amazon or Ebay.  About a 4,000% markup should do it.

tdub2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
Once all this has died down and Hogan has made his amends in the media, Vince will re-instate everything with Hogan.

Vince only did this because of his lawyers and to distant the WWE from Hogan's legal problems.

You gotta remember Vince said the "n-word" himself on TV to John Cena.

LMAO. There is no coming back from "I mean, I am a racist, to a point, fucking niggers."

tdub2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »
white people complain about not being able to say nigger way too much imo

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
I'm not complaining about not being able to say the word. I'm complaining that someone can say the word in a situation where no one is supposed to be heard, and it costs them their living. 

I guess I actually am complaining that you can't say the word. I'm complaining about the Thought Police being a real thing.

Jon Stewart told a black writer on his staff to "fuck off" when the writer complained about a Daily Show skit being racist. No public outcry. No calls for firing. Liberals can't be racist.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »
Either everybody gets to say it or nobody gets to say it. That's equality.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
I'm not complaining about not being able to say the word. I'm complaining that someone can say the word in a situation where no one is supposed to be heard, and it costs them their living. 

I guess I actually am complaining that you can't say the word. I'm complaining about the Thought Police being a real thing.

Jon Stewart told a black writer on his staff to "fuck off" when the writer complained about a Daily Show skit being racist. No public outcry. No calls for firing. Liberals can't be racist.

Kind of like how when a Republican makes a pass at a woman in their employ, they get nailed to the wall, but when Bill Clinton does it, feminist heavyweights talk of "One free grope" ..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:15:25 PM by DocSavage »

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
LMAO. There is no coming back from "I mean, I am a racist, to a point, fucking niggers."

No, there really isn't. And Vince saying it ONCE on TV isn't the same as Hogan saying that.

But Vince has a tendency to forget things when money is involved.