Author Topic: Hogan Fired By WWE  (Read 7879 times)

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
Re: Hogan Fired By WWE
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2015, 09:23:36 PM »
*slowly backs away from this thread*

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
*slowly backs away from this thread*

What's the worst that can happen?

*Posted to #getracistsfired and #stupidshitewhitepeoplesay the next day*

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 12:55:09 AM »
Again, it's the hard R at the end. If Vince had said nigger, he'd be done.

Hogan wasn't just saying the word, he was using it the worst way possible.

I don't know if Hogan is a racist, but he claimed he was in the sex tape.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »
No, there really isn't. And Vince saying it ONCE on TV isn't the same as Hogan saying that.

But Vince has a tendency to forget things when money is involved.

If Hogan ever does come back, it won't be about Vince forgetting something because money was involved. It will be about him remembering that money was the reason he fired him in the first place.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »
DL Hughley was just on O&J and basically said it was stupid.  He pretty much said it is something that EVERYONE has said at some point in their lives, in a private conversation, and shouldn't be used as their one lifetime defining moment.  I happen to occur.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 10:51:11 AM »
Again, it's the hard R at the end. If Vince had said nigger, he'd be done.

Hogan wasn't just saying the word, he was using it the worst way possible.

I don't know if Hogan is a racist, but he claimed he was in the sex tape.

So that idiot who testified about how "a" is ok and "er" is racist has defined the English language for us? Has everyone lost their goddamn minds? It's either a racist word or it isn't.

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »
DL Hughley was just on O&J and basically said it was stupid.  He pretty much said it is something that EVERYONE has said at some point in their lives, in a private conversation, and shouldn't be used as their one lifetime defining moment.  I happen to occur.

"I'm gonna fist my cock and Reign all over this bitch." --Roman Reigns

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
So that idiot who testified about how "a" is ok and "er" is racist has defined the English language for us? Has everyone lost their goddamn minds? It's either a racist word or it isn't.

Two different words. One is racist and other can be used as a term of endearment like Vince did with Cena.

You guys don't think racism exists anyway other than reverse racism, so this isn't a big deal to some. It's just a bad time to be that person though as Trump learned and people who claim the confederate flag is about heritage.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
Two different words. One is racist and other can be used as a term of endearment like Vince did with Cena.

You guys don't think racism exists anyway other than reverse racism, so this isn't a big deal to some. It's just a bad time to be that person though as Trump learned and people who claim the confederate flag is about heritage.

Because flying a states flag doesn't show enough respect for states rights.

For that matter, what's wrong with flying the pre civil war era flag?  Way more history behind it, as the battle flag is something they made up for the war...

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »
Random twitter people are posting their support of Hogan, and then posting a picture along with their tweet showing that they're black, and Hogan is retweeting them. The problem is most of them are famous black people like Drake and various sports stars. Hogan is completely oblivious.

I hope he doesn't kill himself over this because it's making him look like a total idiot.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »

They are not two different words. That is the dumbest horseshit I've ever heard. I know you're the king of life as a black man seeing how you live in Malibu and there has to be a black person somewhere within 150 miles of you, somewhere. But the whole "nigga/nigger" thing is idiotic. Cocksucka.

Also worth noting, "You guys don't think racism exists other than reverse racism" means "You guys actually question the free pass black people get when they do racist shit."

Also, I don't give a shit if they change every state flag in the south. If people don't like it, change it. Mississippi voted 60%+ to leave it not long ago, and now the wishes of the voters is being overrun by the federal government, but you guys think the fed should make people do things, as long as it coincides with your ideology.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
Context is king. The word 'n****r' (with a hard 'r') is racist when a white guy shouts it at a black person on the street, but when Louis CK drops it into his stand-up set in front of a paid audience of thousands (and then puts it on a DVD), it's not racist.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
Context is king. The word 'n****r' (with a hard 'r') is racist when a white guy shouts it at a black person on the street, but when Louis CK drops it into his stand-up set in front of a paid audience of thousands (and then puts it on a DVD), it's not racist.

Unless your stand up sucks, like Michael Richards.

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2015, 10:47:16 PM »
Unless your stand up sucks, like Michael Richards.

He was just trying to piss someone off, spur of the moment, and he was terrible at improvising.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 01:18:31 AM »
Re: Michael Richards, I agree with Patrice O'Neal's take on it - I didn't think he was a racist until he tried to apologize for it.

The_Spoiler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 04:58:10 AM »
Either everybody gets to say it or nobody gets to say it. That's equality.

Either every kid gets shot for waving a toy gun or no kid gets shot for holding a toy gun.  That is equality.

The fact is that white people being treated "unequally" with regard to use of the n-word is a fairly minor consequence of the internalized societal racism that Hogan was putting on display here.  When white people are confronted by racism in America they typically just get their feelings hurt and (at worst) might cost themselves their job.  When black Americans are confronted with the same they are way more likely to lose their freedom or their lives.

Honestly, it is plain laughable when white's bitch and moan about the unfairness of the present racial climate.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:55 AM »
It sounds like you're saying whites, as a group, are slaughtering blacks?

Aside from that being untrue, how is making that accusation any different then accusing all Muslims of being terrorists?

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »

Either every kid gets shot for waving a toy gun or no kid gets shot for holding a toy gun.  That is equality.

The fact is that white people being treated "unequally" with regard to use of the n-word is a fairly minor consequence of the internalized societal racism that Hogan was putting on display here.  When white people are confronted by racism in America they typically just get their feelings hurt and (at worst) might cost themselves their job.  When black Americans are confronted with the same they are way more likely to lose their freedom or their lives.

Honestly, it is plain laughable when white's bitch and moan about the unfairness of the present racial climate.

In my experience, black fathers just LOVE it when their daughter brings home a white boy   8)

edit:  I forgot to add Indians and Guyanese as well, they couldn't be happier lol

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:12:38 AM by Pebble.2.0 »
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Little Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
The real issue is that the n bomb should never have been made into an acceptable word by the black community, period. People fought and were subjected to extreme persecution, jailed, and even killed so that african american's could not be seen as n***ers. I personally hate it when african americans use it at all, period. But it IS worse when white people use it. The truth is the word shouldn't be used at all. Women don't go around calling each other c*nts as a term of endearment.

The_Spoiler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »
In my experience, black fathers just LOVE it when their daughter brings home a white boy   8)

edit:  I forgot to add Indians and Guyanese as well, they couldn't be happier lol

Um...have you ever considered that maybe it's just you? ;)

The_Spoiler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »
It sounds like you're saying whites, as a group, are slaughtering blacks?

I am not saying that at all.  Just that they price whites pay for our societies inability to reconcile the race issue is not even slightly equivalent to that paid by blacks. 

American race issues are uncomfortable and inconvenient for whites, they are life altering for blacks.

Aside from that being untrue, how is making that accusation any different then accusing all Muslims of being terrorists?

You bring up an interesting parallel here and in many ways I agree with it to a degree.

While mainstream Muslim groups try to wash their hands of culpability for the acts terrorist group like ISIS by labeling them as exteremists, in my opinion there should be some responsibility amongst moderate/mainstream groups to address the institutional and cultural anachronisms within their religion that allow for these sorts of groups to grow and flourish.

In the same way, mainstream whites tend to try to separate themselves from responsibility for the race problems by blaming extremist groups like the KKK or southerners or the Confederate Battle Flag rather than taking responsibility for inequalities and cultural anachronisms built into our society.

In both cases the mainstreams have a tendency to wash their hands of the ills of their cultures by claiming that they aren't a part of those ills.  And in both cases the mainstreams tend to get their panties in a bunch if others try to suggest they they might share in the responsibility for ending these ills.  But also in both cases their silence and unwillingness to address they issues in an open an upfront way ends up being a tacit approve of the status quo and inhibits the ability to make any real progress of the issues of Muslim extremism/sexism/violence and institutional racism/racial profiling and inequities/white privilege etc.

At least that's how I see it.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:39:41 PM by The_Spoiler »

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 12:07:30 PM »
Another issue is our inability to have frank and serious conversation about any number of issues because of hurt feelings or the possibility of them.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 01:48:58 PM »

Um...have you ever considered that maybe it's just you? ;)

Definitely not me.  It shouldn't come as a shock to see that most people marry someone like them.  Asians, whites, blacks, hispanic, indian, russian, irish, or anything else.  It is a normal human condition.  Are whites the only people that are racist if they want to marry whites?

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 01:56:42 PM »
The real issue is that the n bomb should never have been made into an acceptable word by the black community, period. People fought and were subjected to extreme persecution, jailed, and even killed so that african american's could not be seen as n***ers. I personally hate it when african americans use it at all, period. But it IS worse when white people use it. The truth is the word shouldn't be used at all. Women don't go around calling each other c*nts as a term of endearment.

You put this better than I did. I would be all for the word just being erased from vocabulary.

Of course that would make watching Blazing Saddles very awkward...

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
Another issue is our inability to have frank and serious conversation about any number of issues because of hurt feelings or the possibility of them.

That's because the issue isn't about what's said, but who's saying it.

Many social.activists are frank about their belief that anythings fair game from those without privilege, to someone seen as having unearned privilege.  Blatant double standards are excused as not attacking the person, but the systematic oppression that benefit them.

The practical effect is to exclude those with "privilege" from the conversation, while simultaniously alienating them through constant attack.

And maybe Spoilere right that having one's feelings hurt isn't a serious problem..  But it does cause people to shut down and refuse to engage on an issue.  To stop listening, asking questions, or calling attention to themselves for fear of saying the wrong thing and being made an example of.