Author Topic: 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)  (Read 197 times)

SCB

• View Profile
10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
This movie came out of nowhere, which is really cool these days where we know too much about big movies due to the internet.

Is this a sequel to Cloverfield? Nope. Not at all. Don't expect THAT monster to show up because it's not that movie.

It is a damn good movie however. And the less you know going in, the better. So I'm reluctant to talk too specific about it, but I still want to set it up and sell this movie on people.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is driving, gets in an accident, and wakes up in an under ground bunker with John Goodman. He seems unstable, crazy, but good natured at the same time. According to him, they can't ever go outside because something terrible is out there that will kill them all. So the whole movies is a mystery horror thriller where you're asking yourself what's going on, what do we do, and is there any good decision to make at all considering the choices.

The trailers to their credit only give away the first few minutes of the film, so you get a ton of fresh story telling going in.

John Goodman is great in this. See it.

BlackLight

• View Profile
Re: 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
Spoiler  :
Not precisely a sequel, but it felt more like an anthology piece to the original Cloverfield

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:38:48 AM »
It's an anthology for sure. The movie was originally a stand alone film. JJ Abrahams picked it up, repackaged it, re-shot a couple of scenes and marketed as Cloverfield 2, but not really.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:01:30 AM »
I just watched this. This was one of Goodman's best roles ever.  The sci-fi parr was interesting.  It seemed like it took a story about a bunker and added some stuff to make it marketable, like was said earlier.