Author Topic: The Conjuring 2 (2016)  (Read 201 times)

SCB

• View Profile
The Conjuring 2 (2016)
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »
The first Conjuring might be the last good and scary horror movie I saw. It wasn't a perfect movie, but the good definitely out weighed the bad in legitimate scares.

Skipped Annabelle, but this one was another very scary horror film. James Wan has figured out the perfect beats to scare you, including throwing off the audience who are ready for it.

They don't waste time in this. It's approached with skepticism, but the ghost makes itself known every chance it gets and and erases any doubt that there is danger and you're going to be a part of it.

Negatives would be it is a bit long and they explore little side ghosts that could have been cut out, took me out of the movie for a bit, might be a spin off, but don't.

Still, if you liked the original, found it scary, this is just as scary if not more effective. I'd say James Wan right now is the best horror director.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
Re: The Conjuring 2 (2016)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:22:04 PM »
The scene with the Nun and the painting was done brilliantly.

SCB

• View Profile
Re: The Conjuring 2 (2016)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 12:32:35 PM »
Tons of little brilliant creepy moments I want to discuss but they're all spoiler talk.

I thought the interrogation scene with the girl holding water in her mouth was amazingly directed. There's a lot going on in the background with the camera work which you're not sure is real or not.