Author Topic: Top Nitro Moments  (Read 244 times)

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
Top Nitro Moments
« on: January 03, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »

What are some of your top moments from Monday Nitro?

First one that comes to mind is DDP teasing he's joining the nWo then giving the Cutter to Hall and Nash trying to catch him before he goes through the crowd.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
Re: Top Nitro Moments
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
This one is up there for me

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:18:49 AM by Zandrax »

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:28:10 AM »
What are some of your top moments from Monday Nitro?

First one that comes to mind is DDP teasing he's joining the nWo then giving the Cutter to Hall and Nash trying to catch him before he goes through the crowd.

Did you gank my Tweet, sir?

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:29:15 AM »
Either way, my discussion of it starts here with some really good replies.

https://twitter.com/S_ATL_Wrestling/status/816399936434667520

Of course there's more if you just scroll to that part of my TL. 

Without looking we came up with backstage mayhem where Rey gets tossed into side of trailer, Luger beating Hogan for strap, Luger appearing at the end of first Nitro, Goldberg v Hogan.  We had DDP punking Hall & Nash as a possible Top 5 and definite Top 10.

Oh, and mentioned that Benoit v Bret Hart at Kemper Arena (?) match too. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:31:40 AM by FreebirdSTF »

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:58 AM »
I was going to say Nash tossing Rey-Rey headfirst into the side of the trailer. Also Hogan putting Goldberg over clean was neat, and I think the last time Nitro ever beat RAW in the ratings.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
Sting coming to the ring from the rafters and taking charge with a baseball bat against the NWO.  It was awesome.  Keeping him quiet for a whole year was brilliant.

Also, there's a lot of talk of DDP being hot.  The rejection of the NWO started it but I think Macho Man was the one that made him.  They Main Evented at least one PPV and their program was red hot.  Macho Man made the Diamond Cutter look even better than ever.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
I'd have to look at the timeframe, but the way I recall it DDP was HOT long before Macho Man.  Macho Man, however, is the guy who kind of "made" him or solidified him as a top-tier player.

To be clear, he was hot before the nWo swerve.  That really revved the engine though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:26:27 PM by FreebirdSTF »

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:16:43 PM »
Sting is a tough one because I don't know which singular Nitro moment stands out for him.  The surprise attacks on the nWo were awesome, but how do you choose just one?  The most memorable one was the first one at WCW Uncensored 1997. 

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
DDP dressed as La Parka and hitting the Diamond Cutter on Macho probably should be in the discussion for great Nitro moments too.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »
Sting is a tough one because I don't know which singular Nitro moment stands out for him.  The surprise attacks on the nWo were awesome, but how do you choose just one?  The most memorable one was the first one at WCW Uncensored 1997.

Got u fam

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:33:03 AM by FATSEXY »

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
Obviously a great moment, but that's still kind of the Sting problem.  They are all blurred together.  Every other moment we have mentioned has been a clear, specific moment.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
This one is up there for me

I missed this episode of Nitro.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/etTB3lbe_68&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/etTB3lbe_68&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 08:46:16 AM »
Worth noting just for Reese's leg shaking sell of the move.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
Memorable because they went so strong at each other that people to this day wonder if this was a match that turned shootish or if it was just a super snug match:

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
 DDP was hot, on the rise, getting better in the ring, and a ton of other respectable things before Savage and before the swerve above which is a too Nitro moment. What he became that moment though was a star. It was very well done. It might have been the first time we were treated to somebody getting the best of The Outsiders on free TV. The acknowledged backstory between the 3 added alot of heat to.

Sting is hard to nail down to 1 moment as has also been said. His entire run of building towards Starrcade was insane. If I had to pick a moment it would be when he punked out Bischoff and cracked a smile, followed by 1 of the last good calls Tony ever made as the camera zoomed out - Sting he's...smiling...he's smiling *cut.*

Does anybody remember Saturn's reversal of Benoit's crossface into the Rings of Saturn? It was from the 1999 PC Nitro. That was the fastest, most complex reversal sequence I think I've ever seen.

The Steiners coming back is up there.

The Giant's bloody hand signaling for the Chokeslam against Hall and Nash I believe, is up there.

Flair's return in 98.

Was the Arn Anderson Tribute Nitro the same night as his passing the torch (the spot) promo? That was 1 of the better Nitros from top to bottom, and because it was 2 hours of Arn Awesome Anderson (that's more than 2 As) it's hard to pick 1 moment. They did a good job digging up all those old interviews that night. That was probably the best thing WCW ever did with their library.

Bischoff giving away Raw results  :biggrin_mini2: :biggrin_mini2: :biggrin_mini2: