Author Topic: 2/13 Raw is Hugs and Friendship  (Read 284 times)

dam skippy

• View Profile
2/13 Raw is Hugs and Friendship
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »
The pulled the trigger on Owens and Jericho.  I figured it was coming after WM.   It will be interesting to see the dynamic in the next few weeks while stilling pulling focus on Goldberg at Fastlane.

Sammy and Joe could have an incredible / predictable match at Fastlane.  I hope to see it.

Braun just pulled a pretty good match out of Mark Henry, possible one of his best.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Poor Emma, she is lost in the fold. Her Emmaline entrance feel flat but she looked good.

I am not thinking that Vince is testing the ratings to see when Charlotte defends the title on Raw, if there will be a ratings bump.  I refuse to believe they are protecting her that much.

The Club should not have been fed to Reigns.  That made them look so week.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
Re: 2/13 Raw is Hugs and Friendship
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »
I figured the KO/Jericho thing was going to end at Fastlane or begin to end at Fastlane.

The Club wasn't fed to Reigns.  Had he beaten them, I could see it.  That would be awful.  He didn't.  They just got themselves DQ-ed instead of trying to continue to wear him down.  Yeah, he kicked out their attempt at the finisher, but they didn't get fed to him.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
I was expecting the breakup to be the night after Fastlane. Jericho is allegedly leaving again after Mania.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
Most likely scenario I saw was Jericho attempting to help KO against Goldberg at FL and it not helping.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »
I figured the KO/Jericho thing was going to end at Fastlane or begin to end at Fastlane.

The Club wasn't fed to Reigns.  Had he beaten them, I could see it.  That would be awful.  He didn't.  They just got themselves DQ-ed instead of trying to continue to wear him down.  Yeah, he kicked out their attempt at the finisher, but they didn't get fed to him.

I used the wrong wording but they did get beat up after the match.,

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
NVM
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:48:08 PM by FreebirdSTF »

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »
Problem is they've been booked to look weak most of their WWE run and it was clear last night that two of them together still don't equal to Roman Reigns. That doesn't help, especially if they're the so called champs.

It would have been more compelling had Reigns struggled against the odds and barely survived. But he's the big dog and this is his yard *foreshadows Undertaker run in at the ppv*

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »
DELETED
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:43:22 PM by FreebirdSTF »

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
Owens turning on Jericho was outstanding.  I did not expect it to happen until after Owens loses the title.  Now I am intrigued how they portray Owens over the next couple of weeks leading to Fastlane against Goldberg and if Jericho will be directly responsible for costing him the title.

I wonder what Triple H said to Owens before all of this happened. 

Joe has been handled perfectly so far.  He could be on the verge of a breakout.  I wonder if we get Brock vs.Joe after WrestleMania or if they are going to build Joe up for awhile before taking that big of a leap.

Austin Aries is another guy who I think is going to have a big year.  He is almost too good on commentary in that I don't miss seeing him wrestle, but with Vince wanting the cruiserweights to be a touring brand I would expect Aries and Neville to be the two cornerstones of the brand. 

Nice moment for Bayley.  Bayley winning the NXT title in Brooklyn in 2015 felt like a bigger deal to me though.  I think it would have been better to have Bayley win the Women's title the first time on a major PPV, especially since we have seen Sasha win the Women's title 3 times on Raw since July. 

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:59 PM »
The women's title win looks like she needed help. It made her look weak.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:27 AM »
Owens turning on Jericho was outstanding.  I did not expect it to happen until after Owens loses the title.  Now I am intrigued how they portray Owens over the next couple of weeks leading to Fastlane against Goldberg and if Jericho will be directly responsible for costing him the title.

I wonder what Triple H said to Owens before all of this happened. 

Joe has been handled perfectly so far.  He could be on the verge of a breakout.  I wonder if we get Brock vs.Joe after WrestleMania or if they are going to build Joe up for awhile before taking that big of a leap.

Austin Aries is another guy who I think is going to have a big year.  He is almost too good on commentary in that I don't miss seeing him wrestle, but with Vince wanting the cruiserweights to be a touring brand I would expect Aries and Neville to be the two cornerstones of the brand. 

Nice moment for Bayley.  Bayley winning the NXT title in Brooklyn in 2015 felt like a bigger deal to me though.  I think it would have been better to have Bayley win the Women's title the first time on a major PPV, especially since we have seen Sasha win the Women's title 3 times on Raw since July. 
Methinks Jericho is gone for a while and makes his return at Fastlane stopping interference against Goldberg

It's clear HHH is pulling strings. Owens and Joe could be part of a stable

30 years ago Aries would be that wrestler that had the talk show segment.

Bayley should have just won at Mania

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 07:01:51 PM »
That was such an amazing segment with Jericho/KO. Maybe the best acting Jericho has ever done and you know it was basically a shoot too, that's why it worked so well. I know it's not going to happen, but I would have Owens/Jericho close out Mania. No one really cares about Brock/Goldberg, it's just a fun gimmick match that will run 9 minutes.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
Normally I don't care for the corny/absurd skits, but with this one the absurdity helped further the payoff when KO finally attacked.