Author Topic: Friday the 13th Films (Spoilers)  (Read 285 times)

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
Friday the 13th Films (Spoilers)
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
I just sat down and watched all the Friday the 13th films except for the 2009 remake.  I was wondering if anyone else like them, and had any interest in discussing them here.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th Films (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
I'd love to edit (Spoilers) out of the title, but I didn't know if y'all thought it belonged.  Most of the series is from the 80s so I think a spoiler warning is a bit absurd.  Let me know.

tfbrave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
I grew up on these. I still love the first four with 2 being my favorite. I don't hate 5 the way so many do but wish they had carried over the Tommy becoming Jason story line to 6 instead of giving us zombie Jason. I found 6 and 7 to be entertaining but not much more to say about them. 8, Jason goes to hell, and Jason X are all shit. Freddy vs Jason was fun but could have been a lot better IMO. I liked the remake and still hoping for a sequel but doubt it happens. A couple of documentaries that are worth checking out also are "His Name is Jason" and "Crystal Lake Memories".

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:11:57 PM »
Jason X is dumb fun to me, but Take Manhattan and Goes To Hell are pretty bad.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 03:14:34 PM »
There's a F13 origin film in the works, due out in October. Deals with young Jason, Pamela Voorhees and Elias Voorhees.

I like the franchise, but they're all such weak movies that I have no real interest in a full viewing of any of them again. I check in for the kill scenes, but that's about it. At some point, the filmmakers realized that they had to start playing it for gallows humor, but then there are really no stakes to any of it.

When they remade Nightmare on Elm Street a few years ago, I thought they had a real chance to jump-start that franchise, but they blew it.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »
It's funny, but I get what you mean BlackLight.  I'm far more interested in the Jason character than I am the films.  It's a really cool premise, but the films themselves just aren't great.

I think 1 and 2 are probably the best films, but I'm partial to the hockey mask Jason so I kind of like that 3 - 7 timeframe where you get that.  Of course we know the swerve in 5 (A New Beginning), but I think it's a fun watch regardless.  The Final Chapter might be my favorite with young Tommy Jarvis. 

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 01:16:37 AM »
Gore movies do nothing for me. Funny because I produce a podcast called Examining The Dead which is a horror themed podcast.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »
I'm with you when it comes to Saw or Hostel, but I don't view the Friday the 13th films like that.

I finished Freddy VS Jason which I had already seen so I only have the reboot left from 2009 which I have not seen.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 09:16:53 AM »
I received my copy of Crystal Lake Memories yesterday which I got for just over $8.00 on Amazon.  Haven't watched it yet (it's pretty long apparently), but was glad to see ALICE COOPER was one of the people interviewed in it.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »
Finished the documentary , it was great.  Finally watched Friday the 13th (2009) and I enjoyed it.

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
julianna guill is all kinds of yummy

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
I bought Mortal Kombat XL for $25 in large part so I could play as Jason. There's one thing that is cool, but kind of bothers me about him in the game. His post-fight deal is that he walks away, takes his mask off, and drops it.  That doesn't feel like something he would do at all.  Of course, he also doesn't jump like he does in the game either, but you know what  I mean.