Author Topic: The Hardys leave TNA  (Read 564 times)

SCB

• View Profile
The Hardys leave TNA
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
and not accepting anymore indy bookings because they might not be able to fulfill them in the future.

Hopefully this means they're headed back to WWE, specifically to Smackdown. If they can loosely use the broken hardys gimmick, them working with the Wyatts would be amazing.

The idea of Kenny Omega was fun, but I think for the time being, the Hardys would fit better with the current state of both rosters.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
Re: The Hardys leave TNA
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:58 PM »
Also gone ... Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis-Bennett, Drew Galloway, and Jade.

Looks like Anthem & Jarrett are cleaning house.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:47 PM »
I listened to a Meltzer update this morning that had more of TNA's side of it. I'm not defending it, just giving the argument.

Apparently when Jarrett and co. were hired, the new managment wanted to iron out a budget and foundation before worrying about hiring or re-hiring talent. The Hardys wanted creative control over themselves, and Matt allegedly wanted a hand in Creative overall. TNA did want them to stay, but the contracts weren't what The Hardys liked.

The Hardys were willing to come back for the tapings and drop the titles, but TNA didn't want to put anybody on TV that wasn't under contact. And they didn't want The Hardys for one night. They wanted The Hardys to sign a short term deal that would last the length of the broadcast dates of the taping.

Also, the talent felt left out because the negotiations went down to the wire, and they felt disrespected. I don't know if that's where Galloway was coming from, but that's at least how The Hardys felt.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
If they came back to WWE, I'm guessing they'd just be there as the Hardy Boyz or whatever their original gimmick was. WWE can't seem to pass up nostalgia like that.

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
I hear all that, but not bringing them in to just drop the titles if nothing else is kind of dumb.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
I'd hope not. Creatively Matt has a lot to offer with the new direction he and his brother have taken in TNA. There was talk that WWE was really impressed with the Broken Matt Hardy character as well. They had their own version of the the Hardy compound match with the Wyatts vs New Day.

The Dudleys cameback just to retire, but I don't think Matt would accept that exact scenario. He has a lot more ambition careeer wise right now, which is why he left TNA.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »
I'd hope not. Creatively Matt has a lot to offer with the new direction he and his brother have taken in TNA. There was talk that WWE was really impressed with the Broken Matt Hardy character as well. They had their own version of the the Hardy compound match with the Wyatts vs New Day.

The Dudleys cameback just to retire, but I don't think Matt would accept that exact scenario. He has a lot more ambition careeer wise right now, which is why he left TNA.

Knowing the WWE, they will bring back the Hardy brothers as the Broken gimmick and humiliate them just because McMahon is a petty cunt.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »
Don't fuck this up...

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »
I've been thinking they can even bring them into NXT for a brief invasion. Sanity is another Wyatt type faction without the supernatural aspect. Those guys would mesh great together.

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:28:42 PM »
Southpawjosh has learned they've been offered WWE contracts

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »
Impact is figting to keep the Broken Universe as their own, even though Matt has done all the creative and writing for it himself, including filming at his own house.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 08:03:57 PM »
Being reported that they signed a full time deal with the E. They're going to use their old team extreme  gimmick for now and possibly the Broken gimmick later after the legal issues get resolved.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »
If they don't get Broken again, they will go the way of the Dudleys. Matt and Jeff at Age 40 will not last. Broken Matt and Brother Nero doing stupid shit and deleting everything will be the best thing going.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
My question is why bring them back in and give them the titles when you weren't even willing to let the Dudley's have those titles for a big number 10th time in the year and a half they were there.  If they were Broken Matt and Brother Nero I'd understand as it's something new and different but as just Team Extreme again it doesn't make sense to me

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 11:29:01 PM »
Maybe the Dudleys actually wanted to retire. Matt and Jeff are creatively far from done. I'm curious to hear Matt's first promo to see if he uses the accent and hints at the Broken universe.

The fans are already chanting delete and obsolete.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »
Except he's back in RoH as Bully Ray again lol.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 11:52:38 PM »
I meant as a tag team.

They've won every major tag team title and solidified their legendary status in the TLC matches of the attitude era. They're future hall of famers for sure and probably don't want to be watered down run in the pg era. Not much else for them to do unless they re-invent themselves like the Broken Hardys.

Bully Ray should have been given a singles run in wwe though.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 12:12:30 AM »
Agreed on Bully Ray should've had a singles run.  His work with that character was one of the highlights in Impact back when I actually watched that.

I hope they get to do the Broken gimmick because as it is I don't want to see Team Extreme.  I grew tired of it long ago.  Especially when Jeff kept it up as his solo gimmick in Impact both pre and post drug incident.  I feel it's just awkward and odd to watch 40 year old somethings dressing and acting like "edgy" 16 year olds lol

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 01:25:54 AM »
Meltzer reporting that WWE will help the Hardys in their lawsuit with Anthem to gain rights to their Broken gimmick.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
Thank God. Even they realize that "DELETE!" on a shirt will outsell Cena immediately. The Hardys are 40 and their wrestling won't keep people's interest, but Broken will. Bring back Smoking Joe Frazier!

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 01:34:15 PM »
So I wondered this when they showed up.  Is Vince going to by the Broken Gimmick right under Hardy?  Or find another way to screw him in the process?

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
It's just a conceptual idea to use. Whatever it evolves into from there in the WWE might become Vince's.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Rumors state that Vince really wants to use the Broken gimmick for merchandise purposes. Can't blame him, it would be gold and no one cares about 40 year olds in Hot Topic clothes unless they are absolutely insane.