Author Topic: Money in the Bank 2017  (Read 279 times)

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
Money in the Bank 2017
« on: June 18, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
WWE Title Match
Jinder Mahal (c) vs Randy Orton

Money in the Bank Match - Winner Gets Briefcase w/Contract for a shot at WWE Title

Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin

Money in the Bank Match - Winner Gets Briefcase w/Contract for a shot at WWE SDL Women's Title

Tamina Snuka vs Natalya vs Charlotte Flair vs Carmella vs Becky Lynch

WWE SDL Tag Team Title Match
The Usos (c) vs The New Day

WWE SDL Women's Title Match
Naomi (c) vs Lana

Kickoff Match
The Hype Bros vs The Colons
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:50:58 PM by Prime »

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
Re: Money in the Bank 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
When did Primo and Epico become The Colons again? Last time I saw them they were a couple douchebags from the Islands or something.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:53:37 PM by Prime »

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »
Hype Bros win with their top rope finisher - Hype Ryder, I think it's called.

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
When did Primo and Epico become The Colons again? Last time I saw them they were a couple douchebags from the Islands or something.

After the Draft Superstar Shakeup.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »
They could be the Spanky and London style champs if given the chance. 

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 08:24:11 PM »
The camera must be mad at Carmella. They have shown her playing it safe on the bumps many time while pulling away from other stars.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 08:30:23 PM »
What a way to crap on a historic women's event.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
Good to see WWE is showing consistency finally. Too bad it's in horrible booking.

WTF.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »
Vince is trolling the internet by having a guy win the Women's MITB.

Tag match was really hot but lots of false finishes, good shit.

Maria is back.....with that guy she is married to who isn't really that good of a wrestler or promo. I guess WWE agrees by introducing him as Mr. Kanellis. Sounds like a rib turned gimmick.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »
I don't even mind the count out in the tag match. New Day will get a rematch. There must be some legal mumbo jumbo about Bennett using his name in WWE. I'm glad Maria is back but I'm already sick of this gimmick.

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
Maria should have brought Allie with her.

I know it is for the best in the long run and NXT is probably the best of the 3 brands right now, but it is hilarious that Mike freaking Bennett gets parachuted to the main roster like he is AJ Styles and Drew McIntyre is relegated to NXT.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »
Mike Bennett is the epitome of the "Oh yeah! I forgot he was on the roster" wrestler. He just has nothing memorable aside from his wife.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 04:18:29 AM »

Vince is trolling the internet by having a guy win the Women's MITB.

Tag match was really hot but lots of false finishes, good shit.

Maria is back.....with that guy she is married to who isn't really that good of a wrestler or promo. I guess WWE agrees by introducing him as Mr. Kanellis. Sounds like a rib turned gimmick.

Pretty much this. I posted on social media that only in WWE does a man win a Womens match. Then they tell the paying audience to tune into the free show for the resolution. WCW died 16 years ago.

The tag title match ending in a walk out countout is absolutely how weekly TV matches should end. That's at best Saturday Night Main Event material. Not something for the paying crowd.

Looks like Bennett's gimmick is that he's uber whipped.

The only babyfaces that actually won their matches cleanly were Naomi and The Fashion Police. Think about that for a minute.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 11:19:56 AM »
Late thoughts:

Lana did great for a debut solo match for the World Title on a PPV.  Unfortunately, I found myself, as did others, watching carefully for any mistakes she made.  There were a few but she did awesome considering.

I cannot believe how bad they made the women's division look by one booking decision.  Naomi comes off as transitional and Carmella comes off as forced.  Carmella exposes the business too much by over-protecting herself.  That could hurt a Title match and / or future Title defenses for her (assuming she wins). 

I guess I am stupid, I thought they were rebooting the Ascension.  That match should have been the in the pre-show instead of the Hype Bros.

Not much chatter about Orton.  I guess it was too predictable. 

At least they let us see Nakamura and Styles go at it for a few.  Owens is not afraid to take a crazy bump for the team.  He deserves the SD title at some point.  Baron winning left a really bad taste in my mouth but after watching the other matches, I expected him to win. 

Ok, so we are going to see a face win the title only to lose the title by a MITB cash in?  I hope they don't do this on Smackdown.  My concern is it would be Nakamura that gets screwed.

New Day still rocks.  The Usos make sense as champs, for now.

I agree with previous posts.  I think Vince was trying to get one over on the fans with this show. 

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
I get Baron Corbin is a heel but does 'vince actually think anyone gives 2 fucks about him at all? He has the look and feel of a 1980s nwa tall jobber that luger would beat on wcw sat night.

Also its BS that carmella did not keep the mitb briefcase. There is no rule saying you can not have your man climb the ladder for you. It fits her gimmick of hiding behind her man.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »
I guess the implication is Elsworth isn't a man. He's Carmella's bitch. He'd get booked to lose in a match with Becky Lynch if they ever wrestled.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »

I guess the implication is Elsworth isn't a man. He's Carmella's bitch. He'd get booked to lose in a match with Becky Lynch if they ever wrestled.

That's true, but the pop that Ellsworth was getting when he was climbing the ladder was because the crowd was expecting one of the gals to knock him off.

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 09:23:17 PM »

That's true, but the pop that Ellsworth was getting when he was climbing the ladder was because the crowd was expecting one of the gals to knock him off.

or because fans realize carmella is the best combo of looks and wrestling performer wwe has had since trish stratus.

I wish ellsworth had called shane out for being sexist and showing a lack of chivalry.

Did you guys know Shane once had his own sister abducted by the undertaker? A complete lack of character for someone to help run the Smackdown brand.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:53 AM »
or because fans realize carmella is the best combo of looks and wrestling performer wwe has had since trish stratus.

You misspelled Alexa Bliss!

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »
So, they redid the match so Carmella could win again.  This match did not do anything for anyone not named Ellsworth.

Lynch cashed a receipt for him but it fell flat very quickly.

The only good thing in this match was that chairshot.