Author Topic: Walter White vs Tony Soprano  (Read 105 times)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
Walter White vs Tony Soprano
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
Just something I thought of re-watching Sopranos.

Lets say Tony had a problem with Walt's operation in his territory, and Tony goes after him with everything he has (Including every other family he can convince to help him), and Walt, with Mike and every resource he had at his peak, retaliates by trying to break the back of Tony's family.

Who survives when the dust clears?

FATSEXY

• View Profile
Re: Walter White vs Tony Soprano
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 10:13:50 PM »
Tony pays Mike to bump Wait off. Walter White was a chemistry teacher. Tony was a mob boss. No comparison.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
But remember, Walt wasn't a known figure.  He hid in the shadows and used an alias.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:28 PM »
So between Walt, Tony, Mike, or Jimmy, would you label any of them as genuinely sympathetic, or even "A good man"?

Because I've heard arguments for all four..  And don't buy calling three violent murderers and one accomplice "good"..

"They only whacked people in the business who chose that life", "They did it to put food on the table", ect ect..

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »
God no lol

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
Good? No. Likable? Sure.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 03:34:56 PM »
There's no such thing as a good person.

There are people who are the best they can be because they are trying (most of us).

There are people who try to be mainly "good" but have their vices (a lot of us).

There are people who are amoral who only stay within society's rules out of fear of consequence (not that many).

There are people who are as good as they can be in the context of their life circumstances (this opens a larger debate, but run with it for the sake of what I'm saying).

There are people who would gladly break the rules up to a point to get ahead in life.

There are people who are amoral who don't care about consequences.

There are people who know what wrong is and dwell in wrongness, because they are evil.

I think that Walter White and Tony Soprano are somewhere in the middle of that. Soprano is a product of his circumstances and his life, he's aware that he's not a good person and he's trying to be better, but he just didn't live long enough to leave his old self behind.

Walter White is a man who started out acting out of desperation who grew to love the outlaw life.

Early in the series White was not hardened and bold enough to have come after Tony Soprano. Later in the series Walter White would have been on the radar of the underground crime world. Soprano would have had someone keeping tabs on his life, I think.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »
Also, Vick Mackey sucks.