Author Topic: No Mercy Thread  (Read 227 times)

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
No Mercy Thread
« on: September 24, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
Loving Neville's new speaking style.

Card looks good. Predictable, but good.

dam skippy

• View Profile
Re: No Mercy Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »
Heels going over first 2 matches.   

Wyatt injures Balor pre-match and still loses.

I think Cruiserweight will be the buffer match.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »
Odd having Balor going over although it's not a bad call if they want to push him more next.

Jason Jordan has to turn heel sooner rather than later.

Tag title match was awesome, guys have great chemistry together. Poor Cesaro, he needs dental implants now. No idea what is next for The Bra but they have really run with this shitty gimmick they were given and made it enjoyable. They belong on Smackdown where they can be champs for a year.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »
The women may have earned the match of the night. I credit Jax with taking some incredible bumps.  I thought Asuka or Paige might come out. 

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Is Cena pulling a Michaels vs. Hogan right now?

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »
Wow, Cena tried to walk out after the audience chanted "you both suck.". What's funny is it got the audience back.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:13:58 PM »
Welcome to karma, John Cena.  I didn't like the booking.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
Roman Reigns is by far the worst booked wrestler of all time. How can you expect the boos to stop if you have a guy take 4 fucking finishers and have him win 45 seconds later?

He probably should've lost too so it can build to something later. The guy got obliterated on the mic this whole feud, could've built to a rematch at Wrestlemania or the Rumble.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »
Cena became the most talked about wrestler on the roster just by making us wonder if he's retiring.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 10:34:20 PM »
He's taking more time off for movies I think.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
The main was just weird. Seemed like we were waiting for something to happen that never did, crowd was intrigued but made no noise. Probably could've used some outside shenanigans.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 11:35:11 PM »
I had six teenage boys who pretty much called every move in the main match. 

The only big shock of the night was Enzo winning and that cane across as lucky and a one-off. 

This evening seemed lacking except for the women's title match.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:55:26 AM »
He's taking more time off for movies I think.

Not sure if anyone saw Raw Talk after the PPV, but Cena said (paraphrased) he's not leaving, but he's 40 and he just can't keep the pace he has been going at anymore and needs to slow down. His role will be changing. Also said Reigns is incredible and the sky is the limit for him.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 09:57:02 AM »
The main was just weird. Seemed like we were waiting for something to happen that never did, crowd was intrigued but made no noise. Probably could've used some outside shenanigans.

My feelings exactly. I was expecting a lot more outside the ring work and big crushing spots and they never really happened. The match felt way shorter than it should have been.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »
The finish was anti-climatic. Both Joe and Braun being pinned after one F5 hurts them and the story telling in the match.

I suppose all this is anti-climatic since it's leading to Brock vs Roman at Mania. Finn Balor might be next for Brock. That will end in the same way, but might be more fun if Brock is into the match.

I'm guessing Roman will be the one person to kick out of the F5 next year.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 12:28:47 PM »
It's just silly for Braun and Joe to lose to one F5 while Reigns kicks out of 4 finishers. Reigns has been getting pinned every now and then too, so his Hulk Hogan push last night is really out of line with the rest of the year's storytelling.

Retire UT and then lose to Braun cleanly twice. Then take the finish at Summerslam before kicking out of 4 finishers at No Mercy. Make up your fucking mind.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 02:32:22 PM »
I didn't count the finishers at first but one was off the top rope and the other was the 2 in a row.  I couldn't believe he kicked out on either of these.  Super Reigns isn't going to work, yet.   Put him against the Miz or a true heel for awhile.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »
It's never going to work since they inisist on him being the baby face, but deliver bizarre in the middle promos with odd scripted delivery. There's zero conviction in his promos.

If this happened during the Monday Night Wars, Vince would be forced to do something if all his segments caused people to switch to Nitro.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »
I didn't count the finishers at first but one was off the top rope and the other was the 2 in a row.  I couldn't believe he kicked out on either of these.  Super Reigns isn't going to work, yet.   Put him against the Miz or a true heel for awhile.

I can see him kicking out of the second rope AA has a "WTF?!" moment, but two more AA's back to back is kinda ridiculous. I guess they were trying to tell the story of Cena throwing everything he had at Roman but still ends up losing, but that was a little too much.

This match was weird to me in the sense that Roman was just punching Cena at the start of the match (plus that one lay out suplex looking thing) and Cena was selling like he'd been through a 20 minute war just a few minutes in.

Also let's not forget that Cena ate a couple Superman punches and the spear through the announce table spot before getting killed at the end of the match as well.

My bigger problem is that Reigns is capable of so much more in the ring and they've limited him to punchy / kicky / drive by dropkick / Superman punch / spear.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
That is what I was saying at the beginning of the match. Roman hit Cena with one punch and John was really selling like Michaels did for Hogan. If not for how the rest of the match went, I swear he was playing politics and fucking with him.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »
Cena confused me when he started to leave. It almost came across as a heel chicken move.  It seemed to send a message to the crowd though.  If they wanted Cena and Reigns to stop the match, they would.  They stopped some of the insults after that.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
Yeah, that was not booked right. Cena walking up the ramp was a joke, not him acting like The Miz. Roman coming after him as if Cena was a scared heel was really bizarre and did not work.

Everything character wise that Roman does is bizarre. The in ring work is quality but holy shit does this man need to be a sell out who poses with HHH for a year or so before he can become a face again.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 10:21:34 PM »
The Miz is where the money is. The crowd absolutely loves to hate him. He has Flair as a Heel charisma.

So, of course, he's cannon fodder for Super Roman. Reigns is not getting over. Look. Kevin Owens has won me over. I'm not unfair to the wrestlers in how I view them. Reigns is not the guy. He's not the next Cena, he's the next Diesel.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 05:01:53 PM »
I'd argue Diesel was better in 95. Yeah he was a vanilla baby face that didn't draw, but he was believable in his character and promos.

Now they're going to reunite the Shield to get Reigns over.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »
Diesel had some great matches but never felt like he was the Golden Child of the WWF.  He was a big guy at the right place at the right time.  I always saw the Reigns as The Ultimate Warrior. He was popular but didn't work as The Guy.