Author Topic: Hell in a Cell  (Read 164 times)

dam skippy

• View Profile
Hell in a Cell
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »
They teased another Hype Bros split as they lost to Gable and Benjamin.  It was a pretty good match. 

The graphics for the PPV are awesome!

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
Re: Hell in a Cell
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »
Who is booking these match finishes? They are so anti-climactic because they have 4-5 Superman comebacks and kick outs of multiple finishers and double finishers. When the actual finish comes, the crowd just dies.

Very good match otherwise but fucking Christ, that was the opener and it had too much Indy bullshit. Only thing missing was 37 shining wizards.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »
That was a great opening match. Congrats Usos.  The psychology of this match was perfect. 

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »
Orton vs Rusev was totally predictable. Maybe they will move Rusev back to Raw.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 09:27:47 PM »
And Corbin gets his title finally.  It was predictable but they could do good with the change.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »
Man, I can't remember seeing a woman hit another woman. With a chair before. Could they be leading to a No DQ match? 

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »
Styles is above the US Title. Figure since Vince is insistent on Jinder holding the title into 2018 just because of the India tour that AJ will be his next feud after Shinsuke loses tonight due to more interference.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »
Yeah, this World Title match has already fallen flat before the match.  It's lackluster build up won't pay off.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 10:19:11 PM »
Hey let's have the Singh brothers ejected to really make Nakamura look bad when he loses.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »
I was supportive of Mahal at first because it really was fresh but is he really going to hold the title until 2018 just because of an India tour? His matches and promos suck and they just severely fucked up the momentum of Shinsuke after feeding him Cena and Orton.

All titles belong to heels too.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:07 PM »
The people in my house thought Dolph was coming out to Bobby Roode's entrance.   I am glad they were wrong.  It might be interesting if Dolph's no-entrance music entrance works.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:26 PM »
Man, way to crap on Roode's debut.  At least he will have a program in the future.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 11:31:24 PM »
They were so worried about hiding the airbags on the tables we didn't get to see Sammy interfere at first.  Sammy's going to be his new Jericho.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »
This could be amazing with Sami after they have wasted him ever since....well, since he left NXT. I don't know how it will go but they have so much history it will be great if they let it.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 12:05:35 AM »
So what just happened with Shane? Dylan Waco is tweeting about it.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »
Shane jumped off the cell again and tried to land on Owens but Sami Zayn pulled Owens off and Shane crashed onto the table. He then dragged Owens over to Shane to cover him for the win.

Sami looked conflicted about what he did, he always was a great actor.

NYGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 06:13:22 PM »
So what do you guys think of a McMahon once again sticking themselves into the main event?  At least this time including Zayn takes away the sting somewhat.  I hope it elevates Sammy.  He is a good worker and not really expected to do great things in his career.    Do you wonder where this is leading?

At first my thoughts were that HHH and Stephanie put Owens up to his headbutt and it would lead to HHH vs Shane at Wrestlemania but now including Sammy I'm not so sure.

What are your thoughts moving forward?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:22:18 PM by NYGirl »

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
I figured this was a McMahon in ME to remind us whose in charge, like they always do.  I'm not sure where they are going with this.  I am excited about a new possibility for Sami.  I hope they don't screw it up.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »
Who is booking these match finishes? They are so anti-climactic because they have 4-5 Superman comebacks and kick outs of multiple finishers and double finishers. When the actual finish comes, the crowd just dies.

Very good match otherwise but fucking Christ, that was the opener and it had too much Indy bullshit. Only thing missing was 37 shining wizards.

I liked the opener. The story was these guys had faced each other many times and they had to up the ante in order to find out who the stronger team was - so they decided to beat the shit out of each other in HITC, and that's what they did. Perhaps my Usos bias is showing through though.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »
Orton vs Rusev was totally predictable. Maybe they will move Rusev back to Raw.

That match was an absolute snore fest. Somehow they've ruined Rusev, and Orton is as boring as they come. Punch/kick/power slam/DDT/RKO. All delivered with the emotion of someone getting their fingernails cleaned. Yawn.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 10:26:26 AM »
And Corbin gets his title finally.  It was predictable but they could do good with the change.

They had to get the belt off of AJ so he can go take the WWE Championship from Mahal in January. Just wish it wasn't Corbin. Loved his entrance though. Don't like his look.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Man, I can't remember seeing a woman hit another woman. With a chair before. Could they be leading to a No DQ match?

They're obviously building to a multi-match program where Charlotte wins the title at the end. Could be No DQ or perhaps a TLC match.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »
Man, way to crap on Roode's debut.  At least he will have a program in the future.

They fucked themselves with the booking of this match. Roode's PPV debut vs. Ziggler's "transformation" and build as the greatest in-ring performer. How does Ziggler possibly answer this? Whine about the tights being held when he did the same thing?

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 11:15:10 AM »
So what do you guys think of a McMahon once again sticking themselves into the main event?  At least this time including Zayn takes away the sting somewhat.  I hope it elevates Sammy.  He is a good worker and not really expected to do great things in his career.    Do you wonder where this is leading?

At first my thoughts were that HHH and Stephanie put Owens up to his headbutt and it would lead to HHH vs Shane at Wrestlemania but now including Sammy I'm not so sure.

What are your thoughts moving forward?

The only "McMahon" that can go these days is Shane, and that's getting old, IMO. Having a HITC just so he can do his leaping spot is rehash. At least this time why not do something like putting Owens through the top of the Cell (yeah, Taker/Foley) but then have his leap be back down into the ring. Do something a little different.

Unless I've missed something, Sami's involvement to help Owens is really a WTF moment and don't know why they did it. Last I saw Sami and Kevin together, Sami was telling Owens to go eat a dick when Kevin was looking for a tag partner. And now he's helping Kevin... don't get it. But like I said, I may have missed something. I tend to do some FF these days.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »
Unless I've missed something, Sami's involvement to help Owens is really a WTF moment and don't know why they did it. Last I saw Sami and Kevin together, Sami was telling Owens to go eat a dick when Kevin was looking for a tag partner. And now he's helping Kevin... don't get it. But like I said, I may have missed something. I tend to do some FF these days.

On the go-home SDL show last week, Sami was trying to give advice to Shane on how to deal with Owens. Shane basically told Sami to go scratch, so that could be part of it. Not taken seriously, and on top of that, being treated like he has on SDL. Could be a ploy to turn heel and join his IRL best friend. We'll have to see where it goes tonight.