Author Topic: Ok Guys..I need you to explain some stuff for me  (Read 160 times)

NYGirl

• View Profile
Ok Guys..I need you to explain some stuff for me
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
CJ Punk:  So what is it about him that everybody raves and raves?  He's a little guy.  I'm not sure he's a good wrestler.  I've really never paid attention to him.  I know he's got pretty good mic skills but is this enough to make him as popular as he is or is it just that he walked away from WWE?

Daniel Bryan:  I've been to RAWs and PPVs when he was not on the roster where people kept shouting Daniel Bryan all night long.  I had no idea who he was.  I'm guessing he's a good wrestler sort of the likes of AJ Styles.  Is that why everybody likes him?

My opinion is that lots of fans want to see these technical wrestling guys but the WWE is more about the characters and the entertainment factor rather than the actual wrestling.  If you want actual wrestling I'm guessing it's New Japan and ROH.

I'm just ranting now anyway.  BTW I didn't enjoy Kurt Angle wrestling the other night and I didn't even notice if anybody actually climbed a ladder and jumped off..sort of like the Hardys and Dudleys used to do.

Wrestling is boring without Roman Reigns.  OK I'll let myself out quietly now....

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
Re: Ok Guys..I need you to explain some stuff for me
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »

Daniel Bryan was an Indy darling like AJ but wrestled a different style (no pun intended) became a personality when he started the YES movement.

CM Punk. Good earlier, another Indy darling who worked his way to the big stage, had a different personality that was different from the others, plus a creative drive that others don't have. Live his gimmick of Straight Edge. Could've been bigger but got cut off at the legs by management.

NYGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »
I'm guessing there's more indie fans out there than I thought.  I think that's why Nakamura is so popular too.  We probably will never see why because Vince will never let him wrestle the way he does plus they'd have to give him longer matches.

Daniel Bryan just perplexes me but I guess you never know who's going to be popular and who's not.

I'm also guessing Roman Reigns is not popular because he wasn't an indie wrestler but the smarks say he was pushed and pushed.  I kind of think he's a pretty good wrestler and can be good on the mic if they'd let him be himself.

I booked the Jericho cruise for next year for me and my daughter.  There will be a ROH tournament going on during the cruise and if Kenny Omega is in ROH I bet dollars to donuts we will be seeing him against Jericho due to the most recent twitter back and forth.  I was also one of the first 400 to book so I get to attend and Q&A with Jericho AND...AND...AND!!!! the best part??? a picture of me and my daughter with Jericho AND THE LIST!!!!  THE LIST!!!!  (We are already on the list from a house show last year though)  LOL

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
Roman, IMO, is the victim of the Cena push, probably more so than Cena, but he gets the kids and ladies but not the other except Prime

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »
Roman's a victim of a manufactured push, instead of a natural one.

They had a chance at a natural one, at least one that fans would have been more behind, but they blew it then.
It was at the 2014 Royal Rumble, during which Roman set the new record for most eliminations at 12.
The final 2 were Roman and Batista.

The crowd was going banana for Roman on that night, and had he eliminated Batista, probably would have been on a different trajectory than the one he's on now.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »
I think Foley started a trend of rooting for the underdog.

These little guys became popular.  When they won, it was like the average fan won.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 03:36:04 PM »
You donít have to be and Indy fan to appreciate a great wrestler.

Youíre kind of diminishing guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Nakamura, AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, etc.

Itíd be like calling the guys like Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero Indy wrestlers 15 years ago because you never watched ECW or WCW. Neither of those types of promotions are around anymore, maybe TNA, but WWE is the only exposure you might get now on a grand scale. So itís not like thereís a gap between Indy wrestler and WWE. New Japan is #2 in the world, but on a completely different scene.

Nakamura is an international star and someone really special, but much like Tajiri who felt really unique when he first showed up on WWF doing his kicks, Tarantula, Tree of Woe, and the Mist, they made him ordinary. Theyíre doing that now with Nakamura making him ordinary and on the road to watering down Asuka as just another female wrestler now that sheís on the main roster.

You can also just find clips of these guys on NXT to see how Triple H of all people make people stars with long term booking and good matches. 

Daniel Bryan is just a great example of how things have changed under Vince. There was a term he coined called Grabbing the Brass Ring where you get yourself over despite what everyone else says. They didnít believe in Daniel Bryan, despite being undeniably super over where ever he went. He got himself over, but they didnít think so and tried ignoring it till it was silly to do so.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 06:14:16 PM »
CJ Punk:  So what is it about him that everybody raves and raves?  He's a little guy.  I'm not sure he's a good wrestler.  I've really never paid attention to him.  I know he's got pretty good mic skills but is this enough to make him as popular as he is or is it just that he walked away from WWE?

Daniel Bryan:  I've been to RAWs and PPVs when he was not on the roster where people kept shouting Daniel Bryan all night long.  I had no idea who he was.  I'm guessing he's a good wrestler sort of the likes of AJ Styles.  Is that why everybody likes him?

My opinion is that lots of fans want to see these technical wrestling guys but the WWE is more about the characters and the entertainment factor rather than the actual wrestling.  If you want actual wrestling I'm guessing it's New Japan and ROH.

I'm just ranting now anyway.  BTW I didn't enjoy Kurt Angle wrestling the other night and I didn't even notice if anybody actually climbed a ladder and jumped off..sort of like the Hardys and Dudleys used to do.

Wrestling is boring without Roman Reigns.  OK I'll let myself out quietly now....

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are both small guys.

They are both good in the ring. They aren't going to wow you with feats of strength, but Punk had good in ring charisma and knew how to pace the match and tell a story. Bryan was really good at taking a beating and having a fired up comeback.

On the one hand, I'm glad they made it to the top, because both were human sized people and could have meant a lot as far as cleaning up steroid use in wrestling.

On the other, they need to understand that a drug free, 200 pound guy isn't going to be able to stand up to 300 nights of high impact stuff every year. Daniel Bryan is a total idiot. One of his go to moves was the flying headbutt. The flying freakin' headbutt. The only two guys we are super familiar with that have used the flying headbutt are Dynamite Kid and Benoit. One of those guys is in a wheelchair and has been since his mid 30s, and the other suffered brain damage to the extent that he killed his entire family, including himself. But yet, Bryan used the move anyway. Stupid.

Punk was his own worst enemy, because he would not pick battles. He either got what he wanted or he didn't want to be there. It's great that he had that level of drive, and I really admire the fact that he will say what's on his mind to people to their face, but he just couldn't exist in the WWE due to the political stuff and so he got into hot water and was eventually released by the egomaniac idiot Vince McMahon.

Punk decided that he'd go to the UFC because hey he was tough and being 38 and never fighting in MMA shouldn't have hurt his chances to win! He got smoked. Lots of people laughed at him. I admired him for having the balls to try to chase a dream when he had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Roman Reigns can eat a bag of dicks. He may be a smokeshow and a super nice dude, but I cannot stand his character. They need to let him just be himself. As long as he has a 70 year old telling him what to say, he's not going to be able to get himself over effectively. All of this corporate K Mart partnership bullshit has killed wrestling for old school wrestling fans. It's to the point that I have to just accept that wrestling is not for me anymore, it's for kids, and the best I can do is watch it and enjoy the moments of brilliance the wrestlers can sneak through the BS.

The booking in wrestling is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. Champions lose seven matches leading up to a PPV match, then win the PPV match. Idiocy. Pure stupidity.

The sad thing is, the roster that they have now is probably the best roster that any wrestling company has ever had in history. There is a lot of good wrestling to be seen. New Day and Usos have great matches. Cesaro and Sheamus are the Roxette of wrestling - I never get excited to see that they are next up on the playlist, but if I sit through it I end up enjoying it. I come on and join the joy ride.

Cena has revealed his true shit head form, everything he accused Rock of doing as a part timer, he is now doing and it's supposed to be ok.

Vince McMahon is an idiot. Every star that comes in hot from NXT gets ruined by the incompetent writing on the main show (Raw).

I'm sick of wrestling because we will never in our lifetimes escape the fuckin' McMahons. By the time Shane is 50 and done wrestling, Triple H's 18 year old son will sign a contract and win 7,000 matches in a row.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 06:22:09 PM »
Also, AJ Styles is the best wrestler I've ever seen in my life. He's better than Flair, better than Macho Man, much better than the eternally overrated HBK, better than Hitman... he's the best I've ever seen, flat out. He can wrestle anyone and have an amazing match.

I used to politely give SupTool some shit over his AJ fandom, he was telling us all for years and years about how great the guy was and I was like "Yeah whatever fine". But the guy is just awesome. It's unfortunate that he has a soccer mom haircut, but that's just the way it is.

You know who else is lights out in WWE right now? The Miz. The Miz is f'ing incredible. He has "love to hate" charisma that's off the charts.

Alexa Bliss is the best personality in the entire WWE by a long shot. Her in ring persona is fantastic, she's a brat, but a brat with a fighting spirit. She does little things so well.

Bray Wyatt is garbage and he should retire from wrestling immediately.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »
Just putting you on notice that our friendship is teetering on the brink of collapse after that Macho Man comment   :fr:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »
FATSEXY pretty much a nailed it

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
The ironic thing about the Shield Reunion was that it was only done to get Roman over. And it worked. All 3 guys hide each otherís weakness and compliment each other. Roman as a one man army with bad delivery on the mic doesnít work. So of course heís the one that couldnít make it to TLC

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 07:14:57 AM »
I'm guessing there's more indie fans out there than I thought.  I think that's why Nakamura is so popular too.  We probably will never see why because Vince will never let him wrestle the way he does plus they'd have to give him longer matches.

I'm splitting hairs here, but Nakamura wasn't an indie guy, he made his name in New Japan, which is basically the WWE of Japan. That said, back in the day I remember plenty of arrogant Japan fans who would look down on you if you didn't know the Japan names.

Daniel Bryan just perplexes me but I guess you never know who's going to be popular and who's not.

He had that spunky underdog vibe that people could relate to. Plus he was the antithesis of everything WWE pushes, which worked in his favor at the time. If you watch Smackdown, he's an authority figure now.

I'm also guessing Roman Reigns is not popular because he wasn't an indie wrestler but the smarks say he was pushed and pushed.  I kind of think he's a pretty good wrestler and can be good on the mic if they'd let him be himself.

Roman was popular previously. WWE absolutely is trying to make him the next Hogan or Cena. The problem is Roman is not a great talker, but WWE keeps making him talk. If he just came out, kicked the crap out of somebody Goldberg or Road Warriors style, he'd be the most over guy on the planet.

I booked the Jericho cruise for next year for me and my daughter.  There will be a ROH tournament going on during the cruise and if Kenny Omega is in ROH I bet dollars to donuts we will be seeing him against Jericho due to the most recent twitter back and forth.  I was also one of the first 400 to book so I get to attend and Q&A with Jericho AND...AND...AND!!!! the best part??? a picture of me and my daughter with Jericho AND THE LIST!!!!  THE LIST!!!!  (We are already on the list from a house show last year though)  LOL
I so wish I could go to that. Omega and Jericho are trading shots on Twitter. It wouldn't surprise me if it leads to a match.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »
The ironic thing about the Shield Reunion was that it was only done to get Roman over. And it worked. All 3 guys hide each otherís weakness and compliment each other. Roman as a one man army with bad delivery on the mic doesnít work. So of course heís the one that couldnít make it to TLC

The big loser in the Shield reunion is Rollins, the one guy who could be just fine on his own. He's also the one guy everyone thought would not be good outside the group when they first hit the scene (I felt that way).

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
I dunno I donít think the reunion hurts anyone. He seems to come off as the most genuinely happy guy out of all three during those promos.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 01:59:12 PM »
I dunno I donít think the reunion hurts anyone. He seems to come off as the most genuinely happy guy out of all three during those promos.

I suppose you're right. It is only helping them all out. They get money from Shield shirts and from their own shirts.