Author Topic: Why aren't Rusev Day babyfaces?  (Read 79 times)

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
Why aren't Rusev Day babyfaces?
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »
They're one of the most entertaining acts in wrestling right now, including Japan.

Rusev, English, and Lana as a babyface stable would print money. I'm pretty sure Lana wouldn't have trouble leading Rusev Day chants.

benlinus

• View Profile
Re: Why aren't Rusev Day babyfaces?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
because Vince hates it when acts sort of get over. See Daniel Bryan original wm 30 plans, zach ryder wm 27 era, mizdow, etc.  If the fashion files started getting more over he would have them job to the riot squad on smackdown weekly,

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:39 AM »
Thatís probably part of it. Vince or whoever doesnít want you to grab the brass ring anymore. If youíre getting over despite the booking, youíre ruining the plans in place for you. Zach Ryder is another example. He got himself over with his personal YouTube channel with friend of the website Pebble, and they buried the shit out of him.

Plus heís one of those guys like Bray Wyatt that they book in popular fueds, only to have him lose every time, so he never has the wins to back up his character. That flag match with Cena was just stupid.

This angle with Aiden English feels like a total accident to me. Both guys are genuinely entertaining together and the crowd seems to enjoy it.

benlinus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
Oh for sure and I am especially happy for aiden english as I never in a million years thought he would be able to get this singing gimmick over at all. The best they can over for as a team is a tag title victory at mania or the preshow. There is worse things in life though when lana is in your bed every night (at least for rusev as I can not speak for who aiden english has at home.)

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »
I thought English would have been fired by now. I am so surprised how good his singing gimmick works.  Rusev had the makings of a dominant champion. 

I remember when we spent over a year complaining that New Day should be faces.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
Because the WWE and Vince's own ego will be their downfall and I can't wait for them to be back to the carny bullshit that they deserve to be.

They give away Asuka and Bliss on free TV with a clean finish, then give away Nia and Asuka on free TV with a weird, but ultimately clean finish. They are bound and determined to bring Rousey in and make her run the women's division, when the timing is idiotic. Sure, Rousey can beat up any woman on the roster, but she was the baddest woman on the planet and now she's just the chick who got wrecked in her last two fights.

Bliss is solid gold. They are so dumb that they can't wait to take the belt off her. But I guess, in this era of wrestling where the booking is 1,000% idiotic and you win championship shots by pinning the champion. Wins and losses don't matter, unless you're one of Triple H's boys. If winning and losing don't matter, how come Kevin Steen never fuckin' loses on TV? Roman, same question.

How did they take Sasha Banks from being SUPER over and make her lose to a fuckin' kick to the stomach? How?!??!?!?! HOW DID THEY RUIN BAYLEY??