Author Topic: NXT Takeover 1/26  (Read 147 times)

dam skippy

• View Profile
NXT Takeover 1/26
« on: January 27, 2018, 07:55:57 PM »
What the hell is Samoa Joe doing?  He should not be sitting at the pre-show panel in a shirt and jacket.  This is worse than Taz doing commentary .

dam skippy

• View Profile
Re: NXT Takeover 1/26
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »
AOP got beat in a clean match with one of them hurting their knee off a top rope leap .

Velveteen beat Ohno in a good match.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:12:42 PM »
War Machine and Ricochet in the audience .

Ember Moon wins in a match that felt like it was giving the middle finger to MMA.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
EC3 was there and they called him that.

The Black / Cole match was incredible .

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
This was definitely one of the best match ups they have in a title match.  They let these two go and they both were shining brightly . Andrade won and looked damn goodnsoinf it .

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 12:26:04 AM »
Great show top to bottom

AOP might be headed to main. Nothing left to accomplish in NXT. Let War Machine take over as the next hoss tag team. And one day theyíll face each other in the main roster.

Itís funny how you and I interpret things in opposite directions. Shayna and mma looked extremely strong. She lost, but left standing and strong. She does great character work.

I didnít buy Velveteen Dreamís win over Ohno, good match still.

Cole vs Black was fantastic.

Almas vs Gorgono was great.

I donít know how they do it, but these shows are always what wrestling should be while the main roster seems lost on what to do.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:59:10 AM »

I donít know how they do it, but these shows are always what wrestling should be while the main roster seems lost on what to do.

Because this show doesn't have Vince and the Hollywood Writer's sticking their fingers in it.  It's Triple HHH and a bunch of other old schooler's who get the business running the show

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 02:26:23 AM »
War Machine and Ricochet in the audience .

Ember Moon wins in a match that felt like it was giving the middle finger to MMA.

I missed Ricochet.

Great show top to bottom.

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 02:31:21 PM »
Ricochet was shown in the crowd after Moon/Shayna.  He was identified as Trevor "Ricochet" Mann.

I wonder if Meltzer is going to give Almas/Gargano 5*.  Crowd was on fire for Johnny Wrestling.  If there was ever a time to call an audible mid match and go with a title change, last night would have been it.

Predicting the next TakeDown lineup:

Almas vs. Black
Ember vs. Shayna
Gargano vs. Ciampa
Cole vs. Dream
reDragon vs. Sanity vs. TM61 vs. War Machine

That leaves out Strong, Sullivan, Ricochet, Ohno, EC3, AOP, Dunne, Bate, Nikki Cross, Sane.  NXT is pretty stacked right now. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:14:28 PM by KoppoKick »

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Iíll be shocked if Rumble is better than this.

Iím hesitant to see these guys on the main roster, except AOP. I feel like thatís an easy tag team to book and not screw up. They dress like the Shield, so one day that could work when Ambrose comes back. You canít have them do comedy.

I am hoping to see some surprise rumble entrants though like EC3, whose keeping his name and acknowledging he used to be in NXT, except now we know his name.

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »
Dream/Ohno had a good finishing stretch, but Ohno is no self awareness anymore. Yes, you are still very athletic and can do flips and shit. That doesn't mean you aren't also a huge fatass and can just jump onto an opponent at full momentum and expect him to catch you. Only guys like Cena and Braun can do that.

Main Event was incredible but it really was time to strap Gargano, especially since Ciampa didn't get involved in the finish. If he did, different story. As it stands, he is still quite awhile away from returning so what's the point?

Since I assume they are going with Black vs. Cien next, what is Adam Cole going to be doing? He is too big of a star to not have main event feuds in NXT. I expect an early call up for him now.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »

Not sure if you caught it or not, but Ciampa attacked Gargano post-match. Nailed him from behind with a crutch as he was going up the ramp with his wife. Not sure that means he's any closer to returning, but it happened.

Gargano/Cien is my first MOTY candidate. Awesome match.

SouthpawJosh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Gargano/Cien is my first MOTY candidate. Awesome match.

Mine as well... never in a million years would I have thought Almas would be in a MOTY candidate, based on how he was first presented.

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »
I wonder if Meltzer is going to give Almas/Gargano 5*.

He did.  First match produced by WWE to get that distinction since Cena vs. Punk at MITB 2011.