Author Topic: Currently playing thread  (Read 20339 times)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
Re: Currently playing thread
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2017, 09:52:23 PM »
Double Dragon Neon.

The end of level 2 was floored me when the boss, Skullmegeddon, spoke and sounded just like
Spoiler  :
Skeletor.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
I beat normal mode the other day.  It's about a two hour ride once you get the learning curve.

"I can't believe it's not Skeletor" is more then enough reason to buy this.  That end sing along especially:

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »
WWE 2K17 is what we are doing now and the 2016 Hall of Fame Showcase DLC is awesome. Only two complaints, no Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy, and Michael PS Hayes seems a bit too tall to me.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:39 PM »
So Prime, ever get around to Devestation?

The main campaign is fun, but the extra missions should be fun forever, considering things like the full Seekers, races, quirky team ups like Optimus and Megatron.

Kind of wish there was a Decepticon campaign, or at least an option to play as Megatron in mission mode though.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2017, 12:52:21 PM »
I was going through the campaign and I got to some insane Insecticon level and I was having problems with it and got frustrated and put it down for a while. I'll have to go back to it and see if I can get through it.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
I was going through the campaign and I got to some insane Insecticon level and I was having problems with it and got frustrated and put it down for a while. I'll have to go back to it and see if I can get through it.

Don't be afraid to play on a lower difficulty.

Dodging and slowmo is key, dodges have invincibility frames.  Go right through attacks.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »
Hey Prime, have you unlocked Grimlock yet?

He's awesome for newbs.  I cleared my first time with him.

The trick is tapping the B button to make him run, then press either light attack (A quick charge) or heavy (A body splash).  They home right in on enemies, and are invincible, and very very spammable (The light attack alone can be chained indefinately to make mincemeat of bosses.)

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »
Good call.

It might have to wait though, I just picked up Titanfall 2 deluxe edition on a huge EA sale last night so I'll likely play it first.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
Hey Prime, have you unlocked Grimlock yet?

He's awesome for newbs.  I cleared my first time with him.

The trick is tapping the B button to make him run, then press either light attack (A quick charge) or heavy (A body splash).  They home right in on enemies, and are invincible, and very very spammable (The light attack alone can be chained indefinately to make mincemeat of bosses.)

I think I have him but I usually play as Optimus unless I need someone else for a specific reason. I'll give him a whirl.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 04, 2017, 12:35:37 AM »
Bought Jamestown years ago on Steam, found it to be laggy, and gave up on it.  Found out about it booting up with one core affinity (Never even thought to check that for such a non intensive looking game), and checked to see if setting both cores would fix the lag.  Yep, it did.

Only problem is, for some reason the task manager makes the game appear frozen..  I say appear, because as long as I don't move the mouse from the "fullscreen" box, I can switch it and it works fine after.  So, problem basically solved.  And I'm enjoying the game properly now, and even thinking of buying into some dlc, except..

Just, WHY?  That's such a simple fix on their end, and apparently enough people were having this problem that some Steam forums were dedicated to it.  Surely, the devs got complaints about this issue, and just chose not to bother dealing with it.  It's simple things like that that makes me not really want to send any more money their way, you know?

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
https://www.locomalito.com/hydorah.php

Discovered this gem.  Free download, donateware.

It's one of the best old school shmups I've ever played, in the style of Salamander/Life Force/Gradius.  These days, all you get are "bullet hell" shooters, but this is right out of the 80's arcade games we grew up with, and it's beautiful.  Has (Toggleable) fake scanlines, high res box art, retro soundtrack and everything.  Nothing like it on Steam or commercially.  A real work of passion by the dev.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:47:16 PM by DocSavage »

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »
Currently playing watching: Zelda: Breath of the Wild No Commentary Playthroughs. Totally hooked.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 11, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to that Friday the 13th game.

Here's a montage of update kills in the upcoming game. Some of these look neat.

<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hApY8EqZ1Zw&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hApY8EqZ1Zw&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 13, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
Thanks.  Hope it delivers.

Here's some more info on that Tom Savini custom Jason skin.

http://nerdist.com/tom-savini-designed-a-new-jason-for-friday-the-13th-the-game-and-its-on-fire/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:58:51 PM by FreebirdSTF »

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 13, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »
Oxygen Not Included:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/74071-oxygen-not-included-pre-release-alpha-available-now/

Fun ass game but hard as hell.  In Alpha right now but still feels like a more or less complete game.  Highly suggest it if you like survival games and city management games.

Also playing Tales of Symphonia, again.   Nostalgia gaming kicked in as I had started playing Tales of Zestiria for the first time as I got it in a Humble Bundle recently and it just made me miss Symphonia as Zestiria is lacking in a lot of areas

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »
I've been playing Symphonia on and off too.

Fun game, but my god it goes on forever.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »
It can.  Honestly every time I go to play through again I just remember the game being really long.  Then as I play I realize it is only a long run through because I spend a lot of time just grinding Gald to rebuild Luin as soon as possible, always have the best equipment, and fill in all the Question Marks in the Monster List XD

In reality if you just focus on the story it's about normal length for a JRPG

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #367 on: March 15, 2017, 11:12:31 AM »
Finally got into Titanfall 2. The game looks absolutely amazing, and the game play itself is pretty fluid and easy to get into. I like that the Titans have their own personality somewhat, and that they learn from their human pilots as well as take their own actions.

I haven't gotten to that point yet and I don't even know if it's going to happen but if there's an extended dramatic cut scene where my Titan gets lost, I'm gonna be upset lol. It's a welcome change from the first game where the Titans where essentially just tools to be called in and used as weapons.

This game is a lot of fun so far. I'm assuming I'm about halfway through the campaign. I haven't played multiplayer yet - I've been using the campaign to get used to using my Titan before I jump into that.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
In the mood for something old school, and remembered about this fan game of Turrican (Creatively called Hurrican :) :

I know the name, but don't remember Turrican being big stateside.  Not like the Megaman's or Contra's.

Seems fun though.

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »
I know of that game. There was a spiritual sequel made for the Neo Geo and Dreamcast called Gun Lord that is supposedly pretty good

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Wish I had a Dreamcast now.  :)

Suppose I can buy one cheap  enough, but you know..  more junk for limited space.

Also trying my hand on Bionic Commando Rearmed again.

Man, there is no difficulty curve at all.  Normal is easy, and hard is "I beat the original a dozen times, and can't clear stage 1".

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
I'm considering buying MLB The Show 17.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 21, 2017, 11:49:59 PM »
When Link paraglides from a high peak in Zelda, it gives me vertigo.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »
I know of that game. There was a spiritual sequel made for the Neo Geo and Dreamcast called Gun Lord that is supposedly pretty good

Just a fyi because I know you like shooters:  Infinity Gene is great.

It's basically every shooter since Space Invaders in one package.  Criminally underrated and a good price (As you know, many "brand name" shooters are fairly expensive.)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »
South Park:  Stick of Truth

I don't know.  It's ok, I guess.