Author Topic: More things that annoy me..  (Read 93635 times)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
Re: More things that annoy me..
« Reply #1900 on: February 13, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »
High population areas, like cities or big suburbs near cities.

Generally speaking, people in Mass, CT, Jersey, New York are complete a-holes.

People in Vermont or Maine tended not to be..  At least not ten years ago.  Perhaps that's changed.

Per example, my car broke down between New Hampshire and Vermont.  No less then 11 cars stopped and offered me their cell phone.  The 12th vehicle had a guy in a pickup who actually hopped out and fixed the problem for me.  I offered him money, and he wouldn't take.

If I break down anywhere near Bridgeport or New Haven, forget about help, you're hoping someone doesn't jack your car.  With you in it.  :)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
When you get blocked in.  You should never have to ask somebody to move their damned vehicle out of your way.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 16, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
"Why didn't you say something?" -- the inevitable response from someone, the second they find out they've just done something stupid to inconvenience you.

If you need to hire a babysitter to follow you around and supervise you in your daily life, that's fine. But absent that, don't treat your every screw up as an excuse to blame someone else for not stopping you.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 16, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »
"Why didn't you say something?" -- the inevitable response from someone, the second they find out they've just done something stupid to inconvenience you.

If you need to hire a babysitter to follow you around and supervise you in your daily life, that's fine. But absent that, don't treat your every screw up as an excuse to blame someone else for not stopping you.

Absolutely agree with this.

People make mistakes, and you can usually tell the difference.  Those types just brush everything off as "If I'm walking all over you, it's because you let it happen."

And then when someone calls them on their crap, they act offended.  (Or even if they merely "say something."  Psychopaths know no logic.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:52:32 PM by DocSavage »

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 18, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
High population areas, like cities or big suburbs near cities.

Generally speaking, people in Mass, CT, Jersey, New York are complete a-holes.

People in Vermont or Maine tended not to be..  At least not ten years ago.  Perhaps that's changed.

Per example, my car broke down between New Hampshire and Vermont.  No less then 11 cars stopped and offered me their cell phone.  The 12th vehicle had a guy in a pickup who actually hopped out and fixed the problem for me.  I offered him money, and he wouldn't take.

If I break down anywhere near Bridgeport or New Haven, forget about help, you're hoping someone doesn't jack your car.  With you in it.  :)

I liked Maine and Vermont. Met more than a few aholes in NH.
Make grabbing those cakes great again!

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: February 18, 2017, 08:46:40 PM »
Got a haircut, and the young woman sitting at the register was pretty much topless.  Neck line propped waaay up, almost to her mouth level, so you couldn't look at her face without looking at her boobs.

Not sure if it's rude to stare or not to stare in that case.

She wouldn't be wearing that if she didn't want you to stare.

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 18, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »
I'll add mine.

Getting spammed with messages from friends about the time their chosen candidate did a good deed. Happened almost on the daily this past election.

It's like yeah, I'm sure your guy or gal is a good person, but if I don't agree with their policies I'm not voting for them (or in this case not voting at all).

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
Most information is wrong.

What's better for you, meat or grains.  According to the media and the internet, both and neither!  Everything will kill you, so eat something else that will also kill you.

Drink coffee, it's good for you, until we say it isn't.  Stay away from butter, until a new study says fats in butter are great, until another study says it isn't.

And then there's the  official recommendations.

I know nobody wants poltics around here, but I'm just saying, if they ruin dietary guidelines, you can't trust ANYTHING.  Just use common sense, eat what you want and keep it balanced, and don't overdo the sweets seems to be the way to go..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:14:16 PM by DocSavage »