Author Topic: More things that annoy me..  (Read 102168 times)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
Re: More things that annoy me..
« Reply #1900 on: February 13, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »
High population areas, like cities or big suburbs near cities.

Generally speaking, people in Mass, CT, Jersey, New York are complete a-holes.

People in Vermont or Maine tended not to be..  At least not ten years ago.  Perhaps that's changed.

Per example, my car broke down between New Hampshire and Vermont.  No less then 11 cars stopped and offered me their cell phone.  The 12th vehicle had a guy in a pickup who actually hopped out and fixed the problem for me.  I offered him money, and he wouldn't take.

If I break down anywhere near Bridgeport or New Haven, forget about help, you're hoping someone doesn't jack your car.  With you in it.  :)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
When you get blocked in.  You should never have to ask somebody to move their damned vehicle out of your way.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 16, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
"Why didn't you say something?" -- the inevitable response from someone, the second they find out they've just done something stupid to inconvenience you.

If you need to hire a babysitter to follow you around and supervise you in your daily life, that's fine. But absent that, don't treat your every screw up as an excuse to blame someone else for not stopping you.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 16, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »
"Why didn't you say something?" -- the inevitable response from someone, the second they find out they've just done something stupid to inconvenience you.

If you need to hire a babysitter to follow you around and supervise you in your daily life, that's fine. But absent that, don't treat your every screw up as an excuse to blame someone else for not stopping you.

Absolutely agree with this.

People make mistakes, and you can usually tell the difference.  Those types just brush everything off as "If I'm walking all over you, it's because you let it happen."

And then when someone calls them on their crap, they act offended.  (Or even if they merely "say something."  Psychopaths know no logic.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:52:32 PM by DocSavage »

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 18, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »
High population areas, like cities or big suburbs near cities.

Generally speaking, people in Mass, CT, Jersey, New York are complete a-holes.

People in Vermont or Maine tended not to be..  At least not ten years ago.  Perhaps that's changed.

Per example, my car broke down between New Hampshire and Vermont.  No less then 11 cars stopped and offered me their cell phone.  The 12th vehicle had a guy in a pickup who actually hopped out and fixed the problem for me.  I offered him money, and he wouldn't take.

If I break down anywhere near Bridgeport or New Haven, forget about help, you're hoping someone doesn't jack your car.  With you in it.  :)

I liked Maine and Vermont. Met more than a few aholes in NH.
Make grabbing those cakes great again!

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: February 18, 2017, 08:46:40 PM »
Got a haircut, and the young woman sitting at the register was pretty much topless.  Neck line propped waaay up, almost to her mouth level, so you couldn't look at her face without looking at her boobs.

Not sure if it's rude to stare or not to stare in that case.

She wouldn't be wearing that if she didn't want you to stare.

DonaldJThump

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 18, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »
I'll add mine.

Getting spammed with messages from friends about the time their chosen candidate did a good deed. Happened almost on the daily this past election.

It's like yeah, I'm sure your guy or gal is a good person, but if I don't agree with their policies I'm not voting for them (or in this case not voting at all).

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
Most information is wrong.

What's better for you, meat or grains.  According to the media and the internet, both and neither!  Everything will kill you, so eat something else that will also kill you.

Drink coffee, it's good for you, until we say it isn't.  Stay away from butter, until a new study says fats in butter are great, until another study says it isn't.

And then there's the  official recommendations.

I know nobody wants poltics around here, but I'm just saying, if they ruin dietary guidelines, you can't trust ANYTHING.  Just use common sense, eat what you want and keep it balanced, and don't overdo the sweets seems to be the way to go..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:14:16 PM by DocSavage »

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 26, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Asking for your birth date.

I realize that's part and parcel of most id's and background checks, but is someone's date of birth really necessary to verify someone is who they say they are?   

Only real reason for that information that I could see, is to see their age.  Which I have a big problem when age discrimination happens all the time, to the point where people spend thousands to look younger (Not to mention many celebrities outright lie about it).

And yes, I realize age is how they determine drinking legality or retirement benefits and such, but there's so much baggage mixed in with the big 40 and older.  People treat you like you're already dead.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:17:08 PM by DocSavage »

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 27, 2017, 02:58:10 AM »
Overly thick french fries which are undercooked. Chewing them reminds you that you're eating potatoes.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:44 PM »
My wife ordered pickup at Walmart. I've been here an hour. I could have shopped faster.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
My wife ordered pickup at Walmart. I've been here an hour. I could have shopped faster.

Worst pickup system ever.

Around here, you can catch them arguing over who has to do it.  Meaning none of them do it.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #1912 on: March 03, 2017, 10:33:43 AM »
People that can't clap in time with the music.

Went to a gig for my boss' band last night. There were a group of folks having fun and trying to clap with the beat, but there was like three different clapping rhythms going on. The old folks behind me couldn't even do that, sometimes they'd clap on the beat, sometimes they'd clap in the middle of the beat. It's not that hard, people.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 03, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »
Learning about the four stages of sleep.

Makes sleep sound absolutely terrifying.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 04, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »
Someone makes a killing from a good career, and then for whatever reason loses everything.  And then they kill themselves, leaving a wife and kid behind.

I know they say it's different living your entire life with nothing, then it is to have everything and lose it all..  Heck, the very definition of tragedy defines itself by great men being brought low, so that a rich man becoming a poor man is tragic, while a poor man remaining a poor man is merely considered pathetic.  (Or so many would believe.)

But am I supposed to feel sorry for someone who ends their life because they can't live with that loss?  Especially if they leave people behind who it affects?

Why do I just feel irritated, then?  Am I a bad person?

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 07, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

The fact a fan did this is both awesome, and annoying at the same time.

Annoying part of course being that a FAN HAD TO DO IT.  Hasn't anyone at pre or post Disney Lucasarts heard the term "If you give the people what they want, they'll come?"  (Also, George Lucas said this would be prohibitively expensive..  How expensive could it be if a hobbyist did it?)

Edit:  Fox owns the rights to the OT?  The original basically forever, and Empire and Jedi until 20-21? 

Is that the reason there's been no restoration?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:22:20 PM by DocSavage »

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 10, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
I've given up on tablet stands/cases.  All of then are either cheap looking, flimsy pieces of junk that wouldn't protect from the slightest drop, way overdone to the point of adding enough bulk where I can't use it normally and have to remove it anyways, or fancy looking and non functional.

A carry case is good enough, if I ever took it outside.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 12, 2017, 10:29:52 PM »
Health recommendations.  Anything, from what to eat to how much drinking is a problem, to what constitutes a healthy diet, to bmi bull..

I've found there's a ton of politics and conservative estimates involved in just about anything health related.  "Wellness programs" at businesses tend to be the worst, but government agencies are also steeped in recommendations based on political concessions and just bad beliefs.. 

Bottom line, nobody seems to know what they're doing, and you're better off just using commoj sense (Unless you're part of a welness program, in which case you're probably screwed..)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 15, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
Coldest day of winter just after a storm iced up your windshield wipers is the last time you're expect to find your car was targeted by birds.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 16, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
Cookie Monster vocals.

I LOVE metal instrumentals, but with some exceptions can't stand those vocals.  Just ruins it for me.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: March 21, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »
For all the complaining I do, there's really only one type that annoys me every time.

I call them the "Why don't you watch where I'm going?!" people.  You know, they could have their emergency blinkers on at a stop sign, and you think they're hailing a left when they're really going right, so you keep going straight and they go right and meet at the middle:  *HONK*

Like it's all your fault they don't know the rules of the road? 

Those types..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:23:26 PM by DocSavage »

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 24, 2017, 01:23:52 AM »
"Severe Tire Damage" spikes that are no where near sharp enough to do "severe tire damage."

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 24, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
Political in fighting.

In general competition is good:  One upmanship at the expense of everything else is not.

Generals just sat and watched Rome get sacked over political in fighting. 

(Basically, I'm venting because my insurance company made a very bad decision, and reports talk of a pretty ugly personal war at the top..)

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 24, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
Rhetorical overuse of the Latin phrase "ad nauseum" gives me an upset stomach.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:12 PM »
People loudly talking about someone within hearing distance. 

The guy was cool enough to say "Boy, good thing I didn't hear that!", but rude.