Author Topic: Arrow  (Read 12220 times)

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
Re: Arrow
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
I never got into Smallville.  I tried but the freak of the week bullshit was so damn annoying.  Just everything about it, other than the guy's portrayal of Lex Luthor, pissed me off.  Never finished the first season.

This on the other hand is a lot of fun I felt.  Need to get a hold of the second season episodes so I can catch up to where it's at

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »
they're on demand

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Cool.  Thanks.  That's what station XD

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »
I don't know, I just hit on demand on my remote

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Ah ok.  Yea I go in there but it breaks them down by station XD

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Fox

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 02:29:42 AM »
Bollocks.

On Demand is missing the first few episodes in the Second Season

freud mayweather

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
How's it compared to Smallville?

also really bad.
sportsball idiots

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 12:27:05 AM »

also really bad.

Seems so.

Tomorrow People is better, and that's not really too good either...

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »
So I've been binge watching season 1 on netflix and I'm blown away by how much I love this show. It blows away the best seasons of Smallville, including Smallville's own Green Arrow, who was really cool when he was first introduced. It obviously destroys Agents of Shield, which I think is actually below Smallville (when Smallville's writing was at it's peak)

Oliver is great. Surprised how often he actually kills people, which is all the time. The action on the show is overall very entertaining.

Much like the Oliver from Smallville, he's very Batmanish, and I'm okay with that. It's also full of Batman characters, who translate really well for a non-powered superhero show.

I'm currently on the season one finale, haven't watched it yet, but they've done a really good job building the entire season around two strong arcs. The flashback storyline with Slade and exactly how he learned all his skills, and the current one with the mystery of his father, mother, and their shady business partners.

I've been keeping up on and off with the happenings of season 2 and it only gets better it seems.

Great show.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 12:33:22 AM »
Show is amazing.  The ending to this weeks episode had my friends and I just freaking out and making jokes, the good kind.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
Yeah, it's better then Smalleville.

Just can't get into it though.  Supernaturals about the only show I really enjoy on that network.

Also, I know their target audience is the same types who like Twilight or 90210, but yuppie types kind of make it hard to take any attempts at "edgy" seriously sometimes..  In a "mean streets of Greenwich" kind of way.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:26:48 PM by DocSavage »

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
Into season 2 now. Black Canary is epic!  :fr: I was wondering how they'd ever make Laurel Black into Black Canary, turns out they don't  :good_mini: . The Doll Maker was one sick character for television, loved it.

Yeah this is like watching a live action Batman movie on television.

Billionaire playboy secretely a dark brooding superhero? Check

Secret high tech batcave like hide out? Check

Cute, smart, Oracle type hacker as an ally? Check

Check, check, check.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »
As far as trailers go - this is so epic

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »
Holy crap that was great.  This is fast becoming one of my favorite shows of all time.  Every week seems to get stronger and stronger.

And uh...was that a Harley Quinn sneak peak at 2:02 - 2:04 seconds?  It's REALLY quick but after Deadshot says "Welcome to the Suicide Squad" it cuts to a camera shot looking over a woman's shoulder and against the prison door is a hand with black nail polish  and in the glass you can see reflected a prison jumpsuit and blonde hair
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:27:52 AM by RealMarchHare »

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 03:08:15 AM »
One of my favorites as well. The pacing is always great and they usually deliver on the teases in a good amount of time.

Pretty shocked they've kept the island flashbacks going for so long and kept it more interesting as the show goes on. Any other show would have ended that storyline pretty fast. The actor playing Oliver feels like a very different person in those flashbacks to his credit, almost like they did film it 5 years ago.

Really hope they don't kill off Black Canary to Laurel can oneday take her place.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:56 AM »
The Island Flashbacks are going to be going for the first five seasons.  Each season is a year's worth of time on the island.  I like how each season they've also dedicated almost an entire episode to Island flashbacks as The Island stories I find extremely good.

This show is just good.  I really don't know how to properly express how much I enjoy it lol

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 12:35:20 AM »
This was a change of pace from the Deathstroke drama, which I was ready for coming back, but at least they finally made Diggle relevant again. He had become a glorified extra the last few episodes.

They did a really good job of humanizing the Suicide Squad. I felt for sorry for them a couple of times, especially Deadshot. Loved the Harley Quinn tease.

Now that Deadshot and Bronze Tiger are pretty much established, give them proper costumes and ship those designs to DCC asap.

Loved the surprising familiarity between Ollie and Waller at the end. Suicide Squad + Ollie and his inner circle vs Deathstroke sounds about right, desptie Oliver defeating him once back in the island.

Interesting how quickly Laurel is okay with Oliver and Sarah, I figured they'd keep that a secret from her as much as possible, although she could see right through it.

If next week is Birds of Prey, wonder if Felicity will play the part of Oracle? Looking forward to a Huntress/Canary fight.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 02:21:31 PM »
Episode was phenomenal.  Deadshot was brilliant.  We were right thinking Harley in that trailer.  Just wish we could have gotten a better look.  Hearing her mention Psych Evaluations was priceless though.

Very nice to see some more back story for Diggle.  Though I'm curious to see how Waller fits in in Ollie's past with the Island.  She obviously knows who Slade Wilson is as Ollie mentioned him being alive to her thus meaning she thinks his dead as well.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »
They must have met on the island and witnessed Slade's death together.

If last night could been seen as a pilot episode for Suicide Squad tv show, I think I'd be more invested in them than Agents of Shield. Far more interesting potentially. Maybe replace Waller with CCH Pounder for more commanding attitude.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »
They must have met on the island and witnessed Slade's death together.

If last night could been seen as a pilot episode for Suicide Squad tv show, I think I'd be more invested in them than Agents of Shield. Far more interesting potentially. Maybe replace Waller with CCH Pounder for more commanding attitude.

She's slated to star in NCIS: New Orleans if it gets picked up

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 12:26:42 AM »
Suicide Squad TV Show would be amazing.  Would instantly become the greatest thing on television ever

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »
Can't wait!

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
So unlike last week's "Suicide Squad", "Birds of Prey" wasn't about the actual group. I don't even think seeds were planted for a future friendship between Canary and Huntress, not even Laurel and the Huntress (if Laurel ever becomes Canary). I suppose Helena no longer living everyday to kill her father could lead to future episode where she teams up with Sarah and gets "Oracle" type help from Felicity. Just need to figure out how to get her out of jail (waves at Amanda Waller). Plus she might be grateful Sarah didn't kill her.

Still a fun stand alone episode where we got to see two fights between Huntress and Canary. Love those two individually. Laurel also showed off her fighting skills, which are above average at best, eliminating any chance of her becoming Black Canary, unless Ted Grant shows up to train her. I personally love Sarah as Canary and hope she never dies or gets replaced.

Couple of seeds potentially planted

1. Ollie called Roy Speedy and he doesn't want to be called that. (this is for sure)
2. Officer Lance called the Arrow and right in front of him Oliver picked up and flashed his phone to him. He might eventually put things together.
3. Laurel finding out who Canary is -( this is also for sure).

With Thea getting kidnapped, she might also find out who Oliver really is. Tonight she said Oliver is the only one to never lie to her. Right time to shatter that part of her world. I don't know if she'll die this season, but it's a possibility to push Roy into his Arsenal's dark path, maybe even take on Speedy as tribute to her. Seems a lot more plausible than Laurel becoming Black Canary.

Another possibility is Merlyn coming to the rescue. Thea has no idea about her real father. She can't die now and not go through that meltdown. Merlyn and Arrow team up against Slade possibly. That'd be kind of cool. Maybe Meryn trains Roy?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:57:44 AM by SCB »

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:25 AM »
I was hoping so much that Laurel would die in this episode.  Her character has annoyed me through most of this show.

The Speedy reference was great as I was confused as hell when Ollie actually called Thea that in like..Episode 1 or 2 since that is the original name Arsenal went by.  Clever on Arsenal on how to get Thea to break up with him.  When he tried the first time and she just said "No we aren't breaking up" everybody in the room just went "Wait...you can do that?!  SHIT!  Wish I knew that."

I don't think Thea is being kidnapped.  I think Slade is "genuinely" helping her just to get close to her.  Think of how much that would drive Ollie up a wall to have her being close with Slade.

I think Huntress will either end up on the SS at this point or will somehow be released.  Hell it looked like Ollie slipped her a lock pick  or something in the interview room.  She'll be back but will it be as an anti-hero or a villain still is up in the air.  They are using her well though as she means good with what she does but doing it in a way the hero's do not agree with.

I think Lance honestly knows at this point.  Especially with the phone incident which was extremely well acted by the two of them.  He's just playing along as he is likely struggling to deal with that on top of his one daughter being an alcoholic, the other back from the dead as an assassin, and his ex-wife shooting him down.

Speaking of alcoholism, did they even research how AA works?  SHE'S GOING TO TWO MEETINGS A DAY?!  Christ when does she have time to do anything, especially be a lawyer.