Author Topic: Arrow  (Read 12221 times)

SCB

• View Profile
Re: Arrow
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »
Based on the trailer for next week Thea is kidnapped for sure.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »
I see that was not on the download I have XD

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2014, 11:40:50 AM »
That was tough to watch, good episode, but Team Arrow and friends got taken to the hole every single time. Plus it was a game changer episode with a couple of huge secrets revealed.

Oliver loses the company and Summer Glau's character finally becomes relevant. We've seen this exact scenario with different versions of Batman, so there are lots of way for Oliver to get back the company back. I got very excited when she said "the sins of the father are the sins of the son" because she said father in my hopes that she might be Ravager, but now I'm curious what her motivations really are.

Big twist with which secret Slade told Thea. She now knows about her real father, but how would Slade even know that? I was hoping Merlyn would show up to save Thea, but it's possible the two are acquaintances and that's how Slade knows.

Team Arrow loses Roy. This plants the seeds for Arsenal's inevitable path, except we don't know who or how he'll ever get his training. Sarah has tried, but he's a rookie with actual weapons.

Slade tells Laurel Oliver's secret and I think a show like Smallville would have given her amnesia the next episode, but I don't think things will ever be the same again after this episode. Kind of silly in a way because Slade just went around gossiping and spilling secrets to girls in Oliver's life.

My biggest problem with the Slade storyline was his irrational hatred for Oliver, blaming him for killing Shado, even more than the actual shooter. Plus Shado was Oliver's girl. They barely showed any scenes with Slade and Shado, other than nursing Slade back to health. It bugs me when Oliver never tells Slade any of that. But tonight we find out Slade a is a schizo with an evil manifestation of Shado telling him what to do. It sort of fills in the holes for me.

It was also cool seeing Deathstroke in action while in costume. They really nailed the look and  raised the bar on what he could look like on film.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
Ollie going from a baddass rescue scene to total deflation was great.   

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »
I adore Summer Glau, but whenever I see her on a show I get worried

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
I was hoping she'd be

Spoiler  :
Ravager and it's coming true

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:49:58 PM by SCB »

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
Holy shit yes.  That is fantastic news and that outfit looks great.

I was really hoping Slade went to Laurel's to kill her XD

I don't know how they do it but they keep managing to raise the bar on what this show/kind of show can be on a weekly basis.  If DC pulls their heads out of their ass they have the perfect launching point to finally have a consistent Movie/TV Universe that would likely bury Marvel's at the rate their going (Outside Winter Soldier).  Just need to wait and see how The Flash and Constantine work out.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
Gotham as well.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »
I honestly have no interest in Gotham.  Just feels wrong to me.  I'll prolly wait to see what others say and play catch up if I have too.  It's on FOX after all...

Speaking of which I also get worried when Summer Glau is in anything as that usually means it is cancelled within a few episodes XD

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Isn't that Fitz (Simmons?) from Shield in the show tonight? With an implication that she's going to be part of Flash?
Hedging her bets?

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2014, 02:46:16 AM »
Felicity's Star lab friend? That's Danielle Panabaker. She's done a bunch of work. I most remember her from Sky High where she basically played Poison Ivy, the Friday the 13th remake, Mr. Brooks, and Mad Men as well. She's going to be Killer Frost one day on The Flash I suppose and the other guys is supposed to be Vibe one day.

The episode itself, kind of a setup show for next week really. It wasn't filler because I felt important things took place, but I was expecting a big showdown between Slade's army and Team Arrow by the end.

I think my favorite part of the episode was actually Quentin Lance going full Commissioner Gordon about Arrow's identity to Laurel. I think he's been purposely turning a blind eye to all the clues he's witnessed first hand that it's Oliver. It always comes back full circle to Batman. As a man, Arrow is vulnerable, human, full of pain. But as a symbol, he's the hero Starling City needs and deserves right now. On a side note, I just love listening to the actor talk in general. Chicken Cacciatore!

I liked slow epiphany Laurel kept coming to through out the episode about Ollie and his sister being Arrow and Canary and accepting it as a good thing. Last episode Slade went full gossip girl dropping secrets left and right. It pushed Thea away, but brought Laurel closer. This show needs more hugs.

Thea needs to get off her high horse by the way.

The fight and action scenes on this show always deliver. Loved Slade ambushing the team at the Arrow Cave (quiver?) and later against Slade and Isabelle. With Isabelle nearly dead, I'm assuming Slade injects her with his blood and turns her into Ravager. While she clearly isn't Rose Wilson, she is Ravager the same way Sarah Lance isn't Dinah Lance, but is Black Canary. The show does a nice work with liberties.

With the cure of the Mirakuru on the way, I'm guessing Roy loses his powers and can no longer depend on the super serum. He'll be forced to train with Ollie again or maybe Merlyn. I'm wondering if Slade will ever get cured. He's too overpowered already with his natural fighting ability.

Love this show

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »
"Don't forget who taught you, boy."

Slades like Ras Al Gulh and Bane wrapped into one.

And yeah, Thea basically earned a slap slap in the face with calling her dad a liar for choosing to raise her even though he knew she wasn't his biological daughter. 

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »
Isn't that Fitz (Simmons?) from Shield in the show tonight? With an implication that she's going to be part of Flash?
Hedging her bets?

I haven't caught up, but Fitz is the Scottish dude, Simmons is the British gal.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53:59 AM »
I just looked her up Elizabeth Henstridge  - She looked like this Danielle Panabaker who was on Arrow last night

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »
Looking at the Flash entry on IMDB at it looks like they have John Wesley Shipp who played flash on the 1990 series in for at least the pilot

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2014, 03:39:11 AM »
Newest episode was definitely a set up episode.  Not much to hate about it other than Thea.   Laurel was even bare-able for once.  I figured it was Roy who was being used to provide the blood.  Slade isn't dumb.  He's a tactical genius.  As such he'd no better than to use himself.  Loved the Iris name drop btw  :wink_mini:

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »
Just watched episode.  HOLY CRAP!

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2014, 06:58:20 AM »
Think she's really dead?

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 12:45:39 PM »
I'm not sure I'm liking the direction the last few episodes have taken. Oliver and his team are pretty much getting steam rolled week after week. It's becoming a downer. This would be okay in a movie or binge watching this season since there has to be some sort of payback for the audience, but wow Oliver needs a win fast for me.

Moira's death was shocking, but I felt she went too soon with the reveal that she knows Ollie's secret. Plus she had loose ends about Ras and Merlyn that were never explored. She was always a mysterious character you never knew where she stood and I found her really interesting because of that. Since the car hit them as she was about to tell them about Merlyn, I'm guessing the show will get the message out somehow. Maybe by Moira's will. I'll miss her on the show.

I'm wondering if Moira's death cancels out Sarah dying. It's always on every Arrow message board when Sarah will die so Laurel can take over. I think her death would be so obvious, it'll never happen, so they did something like Moira instead.

Sarah quitting seemed a little too Smallville for me. I like you too much to be with you. Come on. I thought this show was avoiding classic CW stuff like that. Hopefully she comes back to motivate Ollie to keep being the Arrow and stop Slade. She went to meet a friend, maybe Nyssa?

The Suicide Squad will have to come into play at some point as well, along with Merlyn stepping in for Thea in some capacity.

Also with Oliie having a son, Conner? Is he going to be a character in the show?

I need for Ollie to have a win, but I can't see this wrapping up in a happy ending with three episodes left.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »
I was on an NCIS board last night and mentioned Gibbs's ex GF could come back because the actress was out of a job and someone automatically assumed Arrow had been cancelled

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 01:47:22 AM »
Hmm well not much to say about tonight's episode. Nothing really happened except setting up the next episode...entirely.

I suppose the biggest thing was Laurel finally confronting Olliver in the Arrow Cave and finally joining Team Arrow.

Ravager debuted and she looked good in motion.

Is the Suicide Squad just not going to play a part in this at all? Seemed like the Suicide Squad episode really built them up, had that awesome Harley tease, Olliver went to Waller...and then nothing. The iron was hot, you had the fans eating out of your hand, do something with it. Maybe season 3.

I liked seeing Merlyn in the previews for next week. About damn time.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 02:19:52 AM »
Was a big episode despite nothing major happening.  Roommate and I were also questioning where the hell the Suicide Squad is at while all this is happening.

Also, S.T.A.R. Labs contacting Felicity.  Likely the cure is ready.  They're going to need it fast  :wink_mini:

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »
I think we got a glimpse of the new Arrow Cave next season.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »
Very likely since that stupid cunt Thea decided to be all whiny bitch and not sign the paper.  She was told sign or they lose everything so know excuse to be shocked you're losing the club now bitch

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »
Yeah I was hoping Roschev would have brought that up. Thea got away conscience free.