Author Topic: The 'Mike Levy Incident'  (Read 4268 times)

Handsome Padje

• View Profile
The 'Mike Levy Incident'
« on: April 26, 2013, 05:30:19 AM »
I found out about this yesterday, but I believe it happened in 2008.

The set-up:

Ian Rotten presents Queen of the Deathmatch. A barely trained (if that) man named Mike Levy (w/ gross body, as per) asks/is asked to compete in a match to put over lady garbage wrestler Mickie Knuckles. He was to get beaten up, sell, and job.

The reality:

Outside a bowling alley (?!?!?!?!?!) a small gathering of fans await the next bout. You can't smell it on the video but you know there's a meat smell around. Mickie and Mike make their entrances. The match begins. Mickie starts out working stiffish, as a wrestler is likely to do with a guy that can't be trusted to make it look good. Levy's job was to get a battering, but soon he hits her with a stiff knee to the face, and then awkward stiff headbutts to her cranium. This busts her open. She isn't happy. She smacks him around with stiff forearms to his face, bludgeons him with a baseball bat, destroys him with a drinks bottle. Eventually she pins him.

The aftermath:

Two of Rotten's cohorts jump the ring and get on the mic to berate Mike Levy. Now, whenever something like this happens on an indy show, one might think it's a work, but the rest of the video is so intense I can't believe no one was brought up on attempted murder charges. Cohort 1 grabs Levy's arms and pulls them back, so his belly remains on the floor but his head and face hover a foot off a barbed wire wrapped ladder, lying on the mat. Cohort 2 does a double foot stomp from the top of the ladder onto the back of Levy's head, while Cohort 1 fails to release his arms. If you ever wondered exactly how resilient a human skull is, you'll learn something here. His head smashes down onto the ladder. It's the worst thing I've ever seen in wrestling, and I stood 3 foot away while Masada took my beer bottle, broke it and plunged it into the face of another man.

It was so disgusting and violent an action, you think that maybe they must not've realised the effects of their actions. Maybe that would stand up in court. But then they did it a second time, with the much fatter cohort coming down on Levy (who was struggling to remove himself from the situation). They berate him more and kick him hard in the face a few times. Audience members clap.

Ian Rotten comes out, beats Levy with a barbwire crutch. Levy takes a moment on the floor outside to contemplate. Bloody and ripped and panting, the concrete around him glimmers and shimmers like the night sky as the sun, witness to all life's horrors, sporadically illuminates glass debris.

Rotten gets on the mic, accuses Levy of ruining Knuckle's chances in TNA. Rotten's pre-teen son attacks Levy with a stick, breaking it into pieces, but relentless, with the fury only a 10 year old with Ian Rotten as a parent could have. Someone shouts at Levy about selling. A cohort flattens him with a chairshot, Levy actually sells, so someone makes fun of him for selling. Rotten's kid kicks Levy in the head. Mickie Knuckles returns so that Rotten can flaunt her headwound. She seems upset and leaves as fast as her re-entry.

A man starts to pull Levy's trousers and pants down, and as you contemplate the idea that he might soon suffer an anal rape, the only surprise comes from your total lack of surprise. With this atmosphere it seems almost inevitable. They abandon the idea, momentarily, so that Levy can be suplexed back first onto the legs of a commode. His legs are then tied up into the elastic in his underpants, and poor Levy is left for dead, as victim of and punished for, the inability of promoters to book trained wrestlers.

Here's the video

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/74167/
__ | __________
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _Building 7
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _was
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ __eaten
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _quite
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ __literally
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ ___by
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _termites

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
Re: The 'Mike Levy Incident'
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
There is really no need for me to watch the video as you described it pretty well.

I just want to say The Mike Levy Incident is a great name for a punk band.
TAG
ME
IN

SupTool

• View Profile
    • Flying Heel Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
Steelhorse called the cops after a guy potatoes him in the face.  And the cops weren't called after this incident?
I know one of the guys who was a flunkie has gone on record as saying he regrets being a part of it.  I do wonder what pros today think of this.  I bet you some will defend Ian's actions.

Niall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:01:04 AM »
Geez that was sick as fuck. 

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
Don't want to watch it, but think I will end up watching it. Sounds sick. This kind of stuff is why MMA fans hate wrestling fans.

Leatherface

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »
No thanks!

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
I haven't watched it and I'm not defending this in any way, shape, or form, but it sounds like once Levy decided to go off script/take things into his own hands, the "establishment" decided to teach him a lesson.

That may be a "tradition" in pro wrestling that if a new guy tries to upstage anyone, the unwritten rule is to shoot and "educate" them - and I don't have a problem with that, but in this case they certainly went way too far.

Chus-Kay

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »
all these peoples commenting on things they aint seen yet.

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »

A1 needs to do a collective Mikey Levy incident on you, TROLL.
TAG
ME
IN

Chus-Kay

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
A1 needs to do a collective Mikey Levy incident on you, TROLL.

yeah, cause when i comment based on someone's description, everyone jumps down my throat...meanwhile everyone else does it.

and as if a1 isn't troll central.  i love this place cause we all give each other shit.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »

The OP had a really good description of it. I would say watching is optional, which is a huge difference in comparison to your trolling.

Chus-Kay

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
The OP had a really good description of it. I would say watching is optional, which is a huge difference in comparison to your trolling.

you mean the walking dead thread?  you sayin that was trolling?

ok bro.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
Did I *say* it was the WD thread? I don't even remember that thread, it's like a million pages long.

Your wrestling posting, on the other hand...

Jef Leopard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »

Mickie starts out working stiffish,

:-\

Chus-Kay

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 02:21:48 PM »
Did I *say* it was the WD thread? I don't even remember that thread, it's like a million pages long.

Your wrestling posting, on the other hand...

the WD thread is where my argument fell on dead ears cause i hadnt watched the episode.  then in another thread, Z called me on it again (which is a troll i think...but probably ok cause he's on the 'cast).

i totally admit i troll...a lot.  i hope people arent taking me seriously when i do.  its supposed to be for fun.  like, haha, dude i totally got you!

anyway, the above wasnt so much a troll as a "i thought we werent supposed to talk about shit we hadnt actually watched", but it seems like that stuff only applies to some of us.

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
i totally admit i troll...a lot.  i hope people arent taking me seriously when i do.  its supposed to be for fun.  like, haha, dude i totally got you!

Just being totally honest, and I'm sincerely trying not to be a dick here - this is not mean-spirited or anything, but you kinda troll way too much for it to come across as fun.

I certainly don't mind a good troll once in a while, but when it happens on every other post it does get a bit annoying.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
And just to clarify my accusation, Chus (by my observation at least) comments a lot in the wrestling forum despite not watching wrestling. This makes some of his troll attempts fall flat because he makes jokes that aren't even funny to people that are actually watching.

I too am not trying to be a jerk, just callin' it as I see it.

Also, for the record, if Torgo is calling you out on something you need to take a good look at it. Torgo loves everybody, and everybody loves Torgo (well, except maybe Leatherface).

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »
Fuck Torgo

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
I also hate Torgo's fuckin' guts, da maddafucka.

I don't get the anti-Chus vibe. He's got a 95-1 karma, for fuck's sake!

I never get the impression that he's being mean spirited. It's all just goofin' around, that's the impression that I get. Admittedly... I'm the trollin'est mah-fucka around, so I'm going to be more forgiving of trollin'.

FATSEXY

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
My previous post was trolling, to be honest. I love Torgo and hate Chus.

j/k. Fuck Torgo.

I can't help myself!

Prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • A1-Wrestling
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
I don't get the anti-Chus vibe. He's got a 95-1 karma, for fuck's sake!

I'm certainly not anti-Chus. I think he does some good posting. Just personally, I can take trolling in small doses, but just when it's in a lot of the wrestling threads it wears out. Just sayin'. No axe to grind or anything.

Niall

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
Bell to bell it's very stiff and way over the top - but it's not until the after match stuff when they two guys are literally stomping on Levy's head - fuck that is just disgusting.  They legit could have killed him doing that.  Actually could have killed him.

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »

I watched the video.

Mickie Knuckles choose to be stiff with the guy first, so naturally he was stiff back. He bruised her and then gets the crap beaten outta him by a bunch of unprofessional backyarders (i.e. Ian Rotten and his 'wrestlers').

True, Mike Levy is a waste of space and oxygen, but if I were him, I would press charges and sued (but Ian Rotten would have not paid his lawyer, so there goes that). The two guys stomping on his head could have killed him and I hope no one books them anywhere after that video.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:37:26 PM by POE-Bot Activated! »

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »
I was kidding with my comment about doin' a Mike Levy incident on Chus, but I was serious when I said he was trolling and the constant trolling gets annoying to me.  I don't hate you Chus kay, or anyone, for that matter.

Except the two posters I've hidden.
TAG
ME
IN

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Honestly I don't post that much because of how easily troll-able this board is. It's so tempting for me  :biggrin_mini2: