Author Topic: Daniel Bryan's WM30 Match is....  (Read 528 times)

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
Daniel Bryan's WM30 Match is....
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
Re: Daniel Bryan's WM30 Match is....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
I'm going to go retro on this one...

ghey
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »
This would seem to imply Sheamus coming back as a heel.

I can understand concern about Bryan's concussion. But if he's cleared, then I can't understand why he wouldn't be in a title program.

You want the world's biggest YES Chant?

1. Daniel Bryan enters The Rumble at #1 (or #2 since Punk is established at #1)

2. Daniel Bryan wins.

3. Outraged that Daniel Bryan is getting another title shot, HHH orders that Bryan defend his title shot at Elimination Chamber.

4. Daniel Bryan starts Elimination Chamber as the first entrant.

5. Daniel Bryan wins.

6. Daniel Bryan wins the WWE World Unified Undisputed Heavyweight Championship Of The World at WrestleMania 30

It ain't complimacated.

Handsome Padje

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:35:45 PM »
There's speculation whether he's even in the Rumble. If he's not, expect loud chants from 20 onwards, through the winner's fireworks and the carpark afterwards.

__ | __________
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _
_ ███\ __ ███\ _Building 7
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _was
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ __eaten
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _quite
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ __literally
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ ___by
_ ███\ __ ███\ __ ███\ _termites

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »

Sheamus vs Bryan could work in the sense that Sheamus is an ordered henchman for the Authority. Remember HHH/Sheamus 'feud' (if you can call it that) where Sheamus admitted that HHH kicked his ass? HHH could be calling in Sheamus as a 'favor' for him. Maybe have Sheamus be an entrant in the Rumble and Bryan eliminates him in....18 seconds. It burns up Sheamus and HHH eggs him on. "I kicked your ass, but Bryan is nothing. You can take him." But Bryan somehow gets the best of him every week or in matches every week while Sheamus loses. Have Sheamus act as a face until he snaps and attacks Bryan during an interview.

It would have continuity, would make Bryan look good, would build Sheamus back up, but it won't happen because the WWE writers don't have the slightest idea what the hell they are doing.

EDIT: But still, the WWE seems damned determined not to give Daniel Bryan a serious title push.

Jef Leopard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:01:03 AM »
Sheamus vs Bryan could work in the sense that Sheamus is an ordered henchman for the Authority. Remember HHH/Sheamus 'feud' (if you can call it that) where Sheamus admitted that HHH kicked his ass? HHH could be calling in Sheamus as a 'favor' for him. Maybe have Sheamus be an entrant in the Rumble and Bryan eliminates him in....18 seconds. It burns up Sheamus and HHH eggs him on. "I kicked your ass, but Bryan is nothing. You can take him." But Bryan somehow gets the best of him every week or in matches every week while Sheamus loses. Have Sheamus act as a face until he snaps and attacks Bryan during an interview.

It would have continuity, would make Bryan look good, would build Sheamus back up, but it won't happen because the WWE writers don't have the slightest idea what the hell they are doing.

EDIT: But still, the WWE seems damned determined not to give Daniel Bryan a serious title push.

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:03 AM »

Well, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out ;)

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 08:06:31 AM »
Bryan won't be in the Rumble. WWE is taking every precaution to make sure he is healthy and he will only have the one match against Bray. He may not even be 100%, so I wouldn't expect the match to be amazing.

An actual match against Sheamus would be good, but who fucking cares? That would be an awful WM feud.

freud mayweather

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »
honestly, i expect something to happen so that he doesn't even work the match with bray. i hope so anyway.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:42 AM »
To be fair, if Bryan is still concussed, then he shouldn't be wrestling on PPV. Safety First.

But if he's not in a title program, then he should be on the level of a match with 'Taker, Brock, HHH, or even Cena again.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

in all fairness, he IS a vanilla midget
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 01:16:43 PM »
in all fairness, he IS a vanilla midget

Well, Orton is a vanilla bouncer

*shots fired*

Jef Leopard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »
I'm not sure whats so hard to understand about WWE booking to their ACTUAL paying customer base, and not so much worried about the fantasy booking of people who say things like:

I'm not really a wrestling fan anymore

Which is probably why you were surprised to find out that Big Dave IS a draw, due in part to the WWE's actual paying audience not being what you think it is.

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
I'm not sure whats so hard to understand about WWE booking to their ACTUAL paying customer base, and not so much worried about the fantasy booking of people who say things like:

Which is probably why you were surprised to find out that Big Dave IS a draw, due in part to the WWE's actual paying audience not being what you think it is.

If Big Dave IS a draw, then the current fanbase are a bunch of fuckin' idiots and deserve him wrestling and in a main event at WrestleMania.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »
Batista is a draw, I just don't think he's as big of a draw as WWE may think he is. In 2014.

Freakshow

• puts the 'serf' in microserf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »
On the plus side, you're going to see plenty of Guardians of the Galaxy commercials.