Author Topic: Gotham (FOX)  (Read 7495 times)

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gotham (FOX)
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2017, 11:11:17 AM »
I think he could be better and I got more of a Jack vibe off him anyway
Saw a little Romero in him as well
Ledger was over rated

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
I agree that he's using a piece of each of the Joker's.  It's a brilliant tribute but it gives him a character of his own.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »
wonder how they're going to do the skin and color changes

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2017, 03:19:02 AM »
Okay.....so who wants to be first in line to admit that I was right all along about Penguin and Nygma?

Queue up, guys. No pushing and shoving.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2017, 06:46:23 AM »
Still looked gay to me...

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
Okay.....so who wants to be first in line to admit that I was right all along about Penguin and Nygma?

Queue up, guys. No pushing and shoving.

Looked gay to me, but not 100% gay.  maybe 98% gay and 2% confusion.  This conclusion is supported by Nygma saying 'I don't love you, I love (whatever the fuck her name was)".  That's implying romantic love (as you can only love one person) as the topic of conversation. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:03:26 PM by Pebble.2.0 »
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »

Looked gay to me, but not 100% gay.  maybe 98% gay and 2% confusion.  This conclusion is supported by Nygma saying 'I don't love you, I love (whatever the fuck her name was)".  That's implying romantic love (as you can only love one person) as the topic of conversation. 

This was never about whether Nygma loved Penguin, but whether Penguin loved Nygma. And roll the tape back 30 seconds earlier, when Penguin is going on about his mother - exactly what I was saying months ago.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2017, 07:12:22 PM »
This was never about whether Nygma loved Penguin, but whether Penguin loved Nygma. And roll the tape back 30 seconds earlier, when Penguin is going on about his mother - exactly what I was saying months ago.

That's why I said 98% gay.  If you tell someone that you love them, and their reply is "I don't love you, I love someone else" you are 100.00% in the realm of romantic interest.  There is literally no way around the logic.
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
That's why I said 98% gay.  If you tell someone that you love them, and their reply is "I don't love you, I love someone else" you are 100.00% in the realm of romantic interest.  There is literally no way around the logic.

Again, it has nothing to do with what Nygma said or what Nygma felt, only what Penguin said and felt. If he says "I love you" to Nygma," it either means an emotion based in romantic interest, or something else. It's clear from what Penguin said about his mother that the emotion is actually based in something else (and he's just realizing it).

All it means when Nygma says, "I don't love you" is that he doesn't care where Peguin's "love" is coming from - the pickle-kisser can take a hike.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »
Again, it has nothing to do with what Nygma said or what Nygma felt, only what Penguin said and felt. If he says "I love you" to Nygma," it either means an emotion based in romantic interest, or something else. It's clear from what Penguin said about his mother that the emotion is actually based in something else (and he's just realizing it).

All it means when Nygma says, "I don't love you" is that he doesn't care where Peguin's "love" is coming from - the pickle-kisser can take a hike.

meh

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »
Kind of an odd thing to project his love of his mother onto a dude instead of a chick if he's straight.

If he's never shown interest in women before, while chasing after a man, odds are he's probably into men.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »
Kind of an odd thing to project his love of his mother onto a dude instead of a chick if he's straight.

If he's never shown interest in women before, while chasing after a man, odds are he's probably into men.

His mother sheltered him his entire life, all the while being the only person who made him feel like he had any value. Then she dies, and Nygma fills that role for him. So he transfers his unconditional love for his mother onto Nygma. If any other woman had done that for him, he'd be just as whipped.

Watch and see how into dudes he is once he gets back from Indian Hill.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
Season resumes tomorrow.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2017, 01:45:03 AM »
Penguin and Ivy are really good together in scenes.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
My favorite pairing for Oswald yet.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »
It's about time they moved toward Penguin realizing he wouldn't be respected.  He needs to be the freak.

So, is the sensie Raj?

I wonder who the weapon is.  I hope they don't make it Bane.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »
It's about time they moved toward Penguin realizing he wouldn't be respected.  He needs to be the freak.

So, is the sensie Raj?

I wonder who the weapon is.  I hope they don't make it Bane.

You think it'll be a person, and not a bomb or something?
Maybe Killer Croc?  Or Solomon Grundy?

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
They said it had Indian Hill on the box.  I assumed it was a person.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2017, 01:36:54 AM »
Looks like we got the updated Michelle Pfeiffer origin story for Catwoman this time around.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »
This felt rushed but they just about nailed the Batman 2 Catwoman origin. Now if she can blow up a store and meow, we have a winner.

I was hoping she would be stealing some of Tabitha's skills and looks. I guess it is still a possibility. 

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »
No comments on the past few weeks? I can stand for this no longer. Maybe I missed it but how did Butch and Riddler (I do not want to chance it and get him pissed at me by calling him Ed) get out of the safe house trap that penguin set up for them? Also I kind of hated that they brought Fish back? She is ok if they keep her in small doses but I swear it seemed like she had 40 percent of the screentime in season 1 and it bored me to tears. It seems the writers are aware of this and tried to have Butch put her over with the audience.

Also not that she was not cute before but I love me some villain Lee I hope she survives the season finale.
I wonder where Don Falcone is during all of this? Did he just get the hell out of Gotham since he might have been aware of the court's plans? Would someone tip him off?

Also I love how Strange smiled at Lee in jail and when she gave him a evil look he slowly backed away. Subtle things like that really make me enjoy this show.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2017, 12:53:47 AM »
Both Leigh and Barbara Kean became 50 times more interesting after they broke bad. I can only hope the same holds true for Gordon now that he's infected himself.

As for the rest, this show is just littered with plot holes, week after week. I don't think the writers are really trying that hard to rein it in, either. But I'll give them this - the show is interesting.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
Yeah, the show's full of so many plot holes you could waste over an hour just rewatching scenes to see if you missed something (How did Fish find Penguins safe house?  How did Lee find Gordan?  How did Alfred find Bruce, and how did he sneak up on the old guy?  Didn't he have Talon's keeping watch?)

Ignore the details, and this was an interesting show.  With Gordon, Lee, and a good chunk of Gotham infected, we know we're getting a cure for the virus (Probably too late for Barnes).

Also, we know Ra's is behind the court, since the old man said "Seek out the Demon's Head".  I don't believe Ra's and the court were related in the comics (Not really Ra's style.  He's an eco terrorist, while the Court are uber wealthy aristocratic control freaks..)

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »
How did Fish find Penguins safe house?
-- It may have been one of hers

How did Lee find Gordan?
-- Didn't he go to   How did Alfred find Bruce, and how did he sneak up on the old guy?  Didn't he have Talon's keeping watch?
-- Strange told him didn't he? And he was special forces
[/size]I agree about Fish - I saw her and thought "not her again"

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »
WTF happened to my reply?