Author Topic: Gotham (FOX)  (Read 7166 times)

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gotham (FOX)
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »
How did Fish find Penguins safe house?
-- It may have been one of hers
  How did Lee find Gordan?
-- Didn't he go to her?
 How did Alfred find Bruce, and how did he sneak up on the old guy?  Didn't he have Talon's keeping watch?
-- Strange told him didn't he? And he was special forces
I agree about Fish - I saw her and thought "not her again"

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »
How did Fish find Penguins safe house?
-- It may have been one of hers
  How did Lee find Gordan?
-- Didn't he go to her?
 How did Alfred find Bruce, and how did he sneak up on the old guy?  Didn't he have Talon's keeping watch?
-- Strange told him didn't he? And he was special forces
I agree about Fish - I saw her and thought "not her again"

Penguin did steal her empire, didn't he.

Yeah, could be one of hers at that. 

Still very convienent timing (I mean, she must have had other safe houses, and still knew he was there at that specfic time, plus knew enough to come armed to the teeth.  Could be she was tailing Penguin for months..)

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2017, 09:58:31 PM »
I do not consider things like Fish showing up out of the blue a plot hole. The biggest plot hole this show ever had was we Fish get shot in a helicopter back in season 1 then we see her in the next episode and she has a new hair do and no mention of how she healed from her gun shot wound. I am like wtf? Honestly season 1 has little rewatch value for me other than the rise of penguin. Season 2 the strange stuff I was kind of meh on but I enjoyed the Thedore Galavan arc with hos fucking hot black piece of ass sister. Tabitha Galavan is all kinds of yummy. Season 3 for me is the most enjoyable season because none of the arcs have ever bored me but I hated the long ass wait we had to endure but alas that is the case with all shows. Looks like next season Gotham is either moving to a new night or will not start unitl jan 2018 because lucifer is getting the 8pm mon night slot which is a solid show in its own right if you have never watched it.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2017, 08:58:03 PM »
Fish dead, good. Let her stay that way

They should have gotten the actor from Arrow to plat Ras

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2017, 12:11:24 PM »
Fish wasn't even a little bit necessary for the story, and her sudden Penguin love made no sense.

I think she agreed to leave the show forever only if she went out with a bang, and they shoehorned her in just to get it over with and be done with her.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
So we started out with 3 male/female teams And end up with Penguin and Tabitha on the loose
Riddler will get free of course
Is Barbara really dead?

And who is Cyrus Gold? I feel like I should know that name but I can't place it

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Has anyone stayed dead yet?  :)

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2017, 03:32:43 PM »
So we started out with 3 male/female teams And end up with Penguin and Tabitha on the loose
Riddler will get free of course
Is Barbara really dead?

And who is Cyrus Gold? I feel like I should know that name but I can't place it

I was bummed they whacked Barbara. Between her and Tabitha, she was more interesting to watch, but maybe the Tabby/Selina team will be interesting. And yeah, it's Gotham, so they could easily bring her back next year.

I think Cyrus Gold is a fairly deep cut in the DC Universe. He's got a few different origin stories.

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
Lot of love talk between Riddler and Penguin..didn't really seem like family love they were talking about.
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
I didn't even realize - Tabby. Catwoman - cute

I guess I better hit Wiki

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »
Lot of love talk between Riddler and Penguin..didn't really seem like family love they were talking about.

It's paternal/maternal/brotherly love!

Hence the completely natural murderous jealousy!  Don't we all want to murder our family when they chose sex over us?  ;)

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »
http://tvline.com/2016/11/13/gotham-season-3-gay-penguin-robin-lord-taylor-homophobes/

During an appearance with castmate Sean Pertwee at this weekend’s Rhode Island Comic Con, Taylor addressed those who have come to him to claim they have “no problem” with Oswald being “gay or queer,” except for the fact that it conflicts with character traits established in comic book canon. “That’s a bunch of horses–t,” he declares in the FanGeek video below, at the 1:00 mark.
By demonstrating such a double standard, “What you’re saying to me is, ‘I am homophobic, and I am afraid of gay people,'” Taylor argues. “That is exactly what you’re saying.”

I love Robin Lord Taylor's character, and wouldn't argue against a gay Penguin , but seriously, he needs to step back.

If your first impulse is to push the nuclear option, you're probably not really interested in a discussion in the first place.

Or who knows, maybe that's the point.  Stir the pot and get people talking, bring in interest to the show.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »
Interestingly, Taylor at the very start of the video shares his own opinion that Gotham‘s Oswald “is not” necessarily gay but “emotionally fractured” and “vulnerable” in the wake of both his parents dying. As such, anyone who treated him with kindness and respect, as Edward Nygma has, would have earned his fervent attention.
“I truly believe that had it been Barbara, or Tabitha… or Butch…. Regardless of if they were male or female, he would have had that same obsession,” he contends.

I think I'll take that victory lap now.  :yahoo_mini:

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

I think I'll take that victory lap now.  :yahoo_mini:

i'd prefer to hear it from the writers, the dialogue in the last episode was clear as day "how does it feel to love someone, that doesn't WANT you?"
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2017, 04:42:48 PM »

i'd prefer to hear it from the writers, the dialogue in the last episode was clear as day "how does it feel to love someone, that doesn't WANT you?"

And in the end, an actor doesn't necessarily know the whole story, and is just interpreting what he does know like the fans.

I doubt he'd argue the sams thing now.

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
Okay, now you're both being ridiculous. Robin Lord Taylor restated what I was saying about Penguin seven months ago, and you're holding out on the idea that he's among the least-informed humans alive in terms of what his character actually wants. Or that the writers had a completely different idea, but Taylor just did his own thing and nobody noticed or bothered to stop him.

To quote Jenny Curran: "Forrest....you don't know what love is. You big dope." (paraphrased from memory)

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
Okay, now you're both being ridiculous. Robin Lord Taylor restated what I was saying about Penguin seven months ago, and you're holding out on the idea that he's among the least-informed humans alive in terms of what his character actually wants. Or that the writers had a completely different idea, but Taylor just did his own thing and nobody noticed or bothered to stop him.

To quote Jenny Curran: "Forrest....you don't know what love is. You big dope." (paraphrased from memory)

Riddler would not use the word "want" if it wasn't romantic love.  He didn't say "how does it feel to love someone, that doesn't love you back".  He said "want".  It's romantic, broski.  I'm totally cool with him being a gay character if that's the case, btw.  I don't possess comic nerd rage lol

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2017, 02:11:14 AM »
For one thing, Riddler's impression as to the nature of Oswald's affection is entirely beside the point. Nygma might well interpret it as an authentic romantic attraction. That doesn't make it one.

But the main point here is that "love" in an umbrella term, and you're not looking under the umbrella. Oswald's affection is not coming from a place of authentic romance. It's coming from the same place that had him loving his mother. And since he's emotionally stunted, he can't help but channel his feelings inappropriately. It looks like authentic romance, because Oswald never learned how different types of love manifest in human behavior. When he sees two adults in love, he assumes that affection is of the same character as what they must have felt for their parents.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:38:45 PM by BlackLight »

Pebble.2.0

• View Profile
    • Lefty Guitar Trader
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »
For one thing, Riddler's impression as to the nature of Oswald's affection is entirely beside the point. Nygma might well interpret it as anauthentic romantic attraction. That doesn't make it one.

But the main point here is that "love" in an umbrella term, and you're not looking under the umbrella. Oswald's affection is not coming from a place of authentic romance. It's coming from the same place that had him loving his mother. And since he's emotionally stunted, he can't help but channel his feelings inappropriately. It looks like authentic romance, because Oswald never learned how different types of love manifest in human behavior. When he sees two adults in love, he assumes that affection is of the same character as what they must have felt for their parents.

Yes but Oswald did not refute Nygma's (clearly stated) interpretation!  8)

BlackLight

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »

Yes but Oswald did not refute Nygma's (clearly stated) interpretation!  8)

Because, at a fundamental level, Oswald doesn't really know what he wants (or why he wants it) either.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
I am late to the party and just finished the season finale.

Will they timehop?

When I first saw Butch, I thought he would make an awesome Solomon Grundy, then the medical staff said his original name and I reacted like a school kid.  This will be awesome.

I figured Cat and Dude's sister would work together since she emulated Catwoman in combat.  Good start.

I won't miss Lee.

I will miss Fish.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »
So did Barnes die?  Or did everyone just forget about curing him?

IMISSTORRIEWILSON

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
I will greatly miss Lee. Fish will not be missed  by 99 percent of the viewing audience.