Author Topic: Random Wrestling Discussion and Link Dump  (Read 4127 times)

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
Re: Random Wrestling Discussion and Link Dump
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
Some thoughts on the WWE World Title tournament and where we are heading for Survivor Series.

http://www.southatlantawrestling.com/2015/11/wwe-world-title-tournament.html

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »
I'm watching a Ric Flair vs Riki Chosu match from the early 80s for the 3rd or 4th time since first seeing it the other day and it's really freakin' good. Flair is is tight and fluent on the mat as Bret Hart, and it's not all headlocks and restholds. Most people do like Flair, but occassionally call his basic wrestling skills overrated. My favorite move in this is the armdrag/armdrag counter combo. Yes, Flair did that and he did it perfectly lol!

FreebirdSTF

• View Profile
    • South Atlanta Wrestling
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2016, 01:12:27 PM »
I noticed a little something at the end of Magnum and Tully's "I Quit" cage match and it is really cool I think.

http://www.southatlantawrestling.com/2016/05/its-little-things-magnum-ta-at.html

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm watching a Ric Flair vs Riki Chosu match from the early 80s for the 3rd or 4th time since first seeing it the other day and it's really freakin' good. Flair is is tight and fluent on the mat as Bret Hart, and it's not all headlocks and restholds. Most people do like Flair, but occassionally call his basic wrestling skills overrated. My favorite move in this is the armdrag/armdrag counter combo. Yes, Flair did that and he did it perfectly lol!

Is this New Japan?

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
I believe it was Z. I somehow missed this reply.

I came back to this thread to see if anybody has any information on a thread from years ago that I'm sure doesn't survive here in the back catalog. Is that old stuff archived somewhere? Anyway somebody has posted pictures from a 1989 NWA/WCW houseshow from Tallahassee. I was at that show and low and behold I found the ticket stub the other day.