Author Topic: Agents of Shield - ABC  (Read 2526 times)

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agents of Shield - ABC
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »
The old one is on page 2, thought I'd start a new one

The black dude and the blonde at the end, are they planning a betrayal?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:34:14 PM by BobbyR »

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of Shield - CW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »
I dunno, but I was marking out at Fred Dryer being on the show....

...and then he got killed by a character named "Hunter"...

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »
I thought the mid-season premiere was just good, but great in the things they are setting up.

It's unbelievably Inhumans heavy and a great reboot for the show. I guess they realized how far the Inhumans film actually is and decided to start the narrative on this show.

One reason I'm excited for this isn't necessarily for the Inhumans themselves, but the likely possibility that these are Marvel's "mutants". And with Skye and Reina, you have the Prof X/Magneto two sides of the coin dynamic in the works.

Both Skye and Reina got their "mutant" powers, but Skye has the luxury of looking human, while Reina is a freak like Mystique. And at the end of the episode she gets rescued and called beautiful, something Magneto would have done with Mystique in First Class.

Although, I don't think this Inhuman and Proud group will be villains since in the flashback, Skye's mom saved him, probably just a rogue group like the Inhumans themselves.

How does this tie in with the actual mutants like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? We'll see.

One thing I was worried about what dragging out Skye's secret to the group, but thankfully they all know in the next episode.

As for Mack and Mockingbird's secret? I think they're just double agents for Nick Fury himself since he comes back in Age of Ultron and has a bigger plan in the works beyond what he told Coulson.

Good setup so far.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »
who was the blind teleporter?

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:32:02 AM »
who was the blind teleporter?

Dunno. Though Train and I talk about it in a Geekville Podcast that should be up tonight.

Skye = Quake
McLaughlin = Mr. Hyde
Raina = Female Gorgon (possibly)

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
Blind guy = The Reader

http://marvel.wikia.com/Reader_%28Inhuman%29_%28Earth-616%29

Raina is still a mystery, but people theorize she's Naja a brand new Inhuman in the comics

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
must have been after my time

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »
Yeah it's pretty modern for me too.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
When did this show move to the CW?

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
It didn't

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Agents of Shield - ABC
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
I heard this was another Lady Sif episode, but didn't see much hype like the previous one.

I liked how they tied in the Kree/Inhumans history with the Asguardians, leading to Skye's reveal to rest of the team.

The Skye/Kree/Sif stuff was good, but I'm more interested in the secret mission Bobby and Mack are on and they finally let that loose.

Based on their conversations, I think the two being double agents for Tony Stark, setting up Civil War is a good theory. If Tony is currently working on the Ultron project to have his drones all around the world, he might be trying to infiltrate Coulson's new Shield for info, similar to Batman having contingency plans to take on his friends and team mates, for the greater good.

Good episode. It's weird how much of a different show this is than the first half of the season, which was great. The second half is all about Inhumans, but they're so subtle about it, I wonder if casual fans are even aware or able to follow this like us.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
I enjoyed this as well. It was funny seeing Sif dressed as a human.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 11:56:31 AM »
Maybe it's because I watched this directly after The Flash, which was epic, but this episode felt incredibly silly in execution and very small in scope.

The Inhumans recruited in this episode were very D level, like the random ones in X3. You had Drea DeMatteo, who had Lady Deathstroke powers, but with short nails and the poor man's generic Black Bolt.

Then they all fought in a football field against SHIELD, which has less than a handful of field agents now. I don't know, looked pretty silly.

The Blair Underwood scenes were interesting, but I don't care about Skye not being able to control her power as much as those scenes wanted me to. Skye was shoved down our throats season one as the super hacker and now as an inhuman. I think I care more about the other SHIELD story at this point.

Also wish they'd bring back Ward to show us what he is up to.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »
"You think you're one of us?  You're not one of us.  You're just an experiment."

Deviants?

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 04:35:48 PM »
What's "The real SHIELD"? SWORD? SWORD deals specifically with aliens right?

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »
What's "The real SHIELD"? SWORD? SWORD deals specifically with aliens right?

I'm thinking the real S.H.I.E.L.D. is what Fury has been up to since the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  I think putting Coulson in charge was just a way to put a scapegoat in front of the world so he can still do his own thing.

Those weren't Inhumans.  They were just people on the index for one reason or another.  They were all science experiments.  The conversation between Coulson and Simmons makes that quite apparent at the end of the episode.  I am interested to see where things go between The Inhumans and Skye's Father though since he isn't an Inhuman either.

Overall episode was good.  Probably made the smart choice watching it before The Flash as I don't think I would have enjoyed this one anywhere near as much as a I did then.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
I'm thinking the real S.H.I.E.L.D. is what Fury has been up to since the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  I think putting Coulson in charge was just a way to put a scapegoat in front of the world so he can still do his own thing.

Come to think of it, that would be a very Fury thing to do

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 06:26:45 PM »

Those weren't Inhumans.  They were just people on the index for one reason or another.  They were all science experiments.  The conversation between Coulson and Simmons makes that quite apparent at the end of the episode.  I am interested to see where things go between The Inhumans and Skye's Father though since he isn't an Inhuman either.

Overall episode was good.  Probably made the smart choice watching it before The Flash as I don't think I would have enjoyed this one anywhere near as much as a I did then.

The Deviants are humans the Celestials experimented on, giving them powers and often changing their appearance.

I'm thinking these might be the cinematic universes version, cutting out the cosmic beings for human experiments.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:30:06 PM by DocSavage »

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 06:51:32 PM »
The Deviants are humans the Celestials experimented on, giving them powers and often changing their appearance.

I'm thinking these might be the cinematic universes version, cutting out the cosmic beings for human experiments.

Not disagreeing with that.  Was just pointing out they weren't Inhumans. Skye is an Inhuman.  Reina is an Inhuman.  All the others in that episode that Skye's father rounded up weren't.  They likely are the Deviants now that you mention it.  Was just pointing out they weren't D-Level Inhumans is all lol

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »
I enjoyed it, and it left me wondering and wanting more. I actually had the opposite feeling after flash

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »
I found the drama between the Real Shield and Lance Hunter rather tedious to sit through. Same with what to do with Skye. I just don't care. Get to using Skye properly by helping her control her powers.

Ward coming back saved the episode for me. He's become the hook for the show now that they seem to be done with Hydra and moved on to Inhumans and other experimented humans.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
That surprisingly really good after a couple of lackluster episodes. They finally just cut to the chase of SHIELD vs SHIELD and Skye controlling her powers.

I'm glad they finally added some humanity to the very dickish "Real SHIELD" group with the flashback. And great to see Lucy Lawless back on screen, even if it's just one more flashback.

Mockingbird vs Cavalry was a great fantasy match up coming true. Battle of the two tv show Black Widows.

I'm liking Hunter and Coulson working together. Plus we're starting to see a Fitz-Simmons reunion as a result of this.

One thing that was confusing was EJO's thoughts on Fury. It sounded like they were trying to keep Fury's SHIELD alive, but when Coulson said Fury chose him, he sounded very anti-Fury. Kept wishing Fury would show up and straighten all this out.

And super happy to see Skye controlling her powers and allign herself with the Reader.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
Yea it was a solid episode.

I think this "Real S.H.I.E.L.D." might end up becoming SWORD.  I'm with you though.  I'm really confused how they are doing this whole we are the real S.H.I.E.L.D. that Fury wants when you only exist because you disobeyed HIS orders and pulled off a miracle.  Not to mention you're saying you're doing this because you didn't like how Fury ran things?!  So which is it?  You can't have it both ways.  Not to mention you are saying your issue was the secrecy yet here you are even more fucking secret than Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. who has actually managed to strike a deal with the U.S. Army and works with them

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 09:46:45 PM »
I think he's a real villain and not real shield at all