Author Topic: Agents of Shield - ABC  (Read 2502 times)

SCB

• View Profile
Re: Agents of Shield - ABC
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
This was a great episode.

Loved Coulson and Lance on the run. This is the cool and mysterious Coulson we fell in love with in those Phase 1 appearances. Bringing Deathlok 2.0 back was a nice surprise. Completely forgot about him. And looking forward to them meeting Ward next.

EJO is doing some nice character work as Gonzales, I just don't buy the writing of all of them believing Coulson is some dangerous threat. It's just not there. They can keep saying it all they want, but it comes off silly every time they talk about Coulson like that.

Loved what they did with Fitz-Simmons at the end. I totally saw it happening when he grabbed the cube and casually put it down, but the note and sandwhich was a nice strong finish.

And the Skye in China stuff with the other Inhumans was actually fun. I was dreading they'd do something where she constantly tries to fight them and run away, but she seemed to be enjoying the place while being cautious about it's secrets and eventually finding Reina.

Skye's mom being alive the whole time was a good twist as well. This to me almost confirms Whitehall being alive since he pretty much harvested all of her DNA and organs into himself and she still regenerated. I hope this leads into some post Hydra connection with Strucker and the Twins going into AOU in a couple of weeks where we find out they were also exposed to the Terregen Mist.

Looking forward to next week.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »
I actually called it that Dethlock was coming back when Coulson said he only called in one person for back up.  Was the logical conclusion.  Not going to be an Avenger as they still don't know he's alive (far as we know).  They always advertise other movie character appearances for the ratings boost so not one of them.  Obviously not May or Mockingbird who would be the only current character logical choices left.  Left him and he hadn't been around in a while so great way to bring him back.

I actually bought into Simmons deciding to work with them up until the scene at the end when she says it's just junk.  Thought that was pulled off very well.

I didn't realize that was Skye's Mom at first.  She looked familiar and I couldn't figure out why till she met up with her Father.  Then it was obvious.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
Deathlok would suck as an Avenger. His look and acting is so generic television terminator. I don't even blame the actor for it, it's just so humorless and cold in direction.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »
Deathlok kind of reminds me of Solo, from some sci fi movie.  Generic cyborg, boring monotone acting, it was basically Deathlok:  The Movie.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
Well yea he'd be a terrible Avenger.  Doesn't even fit the Avenger good guy style.  He's more Punisher than anything.  Don't think I said he was one though XD

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »
Actually you pretty much said the opposite

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
I guess we'll truly never know.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Here's what we do know. There's a spin off show currently in the works.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
This was fun.

The transition to Age of Ultron I thought was good. They didn't dip into anything with Ultron himself or that he exists, but gave the movie subtle enough nods for people who follow the timeline as closely as we do before the film.

The experiment room looked the same as the one at the end of Winter Soldier, which I liked. And they mentioned the twins.

Curious how the next episode looks since it'll likely take place after the film and in Phase 3.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
Damn good episode and makes me angry.  I'm not going to get out to see Avengers:AoU until next Wednesday so I'm going to fall behind.  Good bye social media for a week XD

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 11:00:23 PM »
This episode looked to be taking place "during" AoU, because there were the news clips about the battles that took place.

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
Nah it was post AoU.  The news images are of the aftermath of the battle.

This episode actually pissed me off as every character just appears to be stupid and making dumb decisions.

DocSavage

• @#*%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
Quitting shield because of his alien blood transfusion was especially irritating.

And what's with killing Adama off already?   :o

Thought he was an interesting foil for Coulson, and they went and axed him after barely half a season, for no good reason. 

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
Nah it was post AoU.  The news images are of the aftermath of the battle.

This episode actually pissed me off as every character just appears to be stupid and making dumb decisions.

I thought it was just me

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
Nope seems to be getting poorly received by everyone I know.  Only part that didn't suck was the Ward/Agent 33 portion

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 10:59:48 PM »
Both Agents Of SHIELD and Agent Carter will be getting another season.

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »
I'm shocked at how great that finale was. Loose ends tied up and quite a few gasp out loud moments I never saw coming. They also made SHIELD feel important again, despite the show being ignored in AOU.

Skye's mom became a good big boss villain to finish off the season, sort of like the Magneto of the Inhumans. I didn't expect Reina to stay on the show with her getting cast as the female lead on Preacher, but didn't see her getting offed so quickly either.

I was worried they'd have her kill off Skye as the cliffhanger, but Skye's dad saved the day nicely in that touching moment.

Skye's dad was fun overall in this episode. Coulson unleashing him on the Inhumans to do his thing reminded me of Fury in The Ultimates unleashing the Hulk on the Skrulls. Mind wiping him was a nice send off.

The Mockingbird/Ward stuff was good, except it being all about her giving an apology, which she could have just lied. The conclusion was awesome however with Ward killing his girlfriend thinking it was May and I thought it was May as well at first.

Skye was fantastic. Her fight scenes are great and whenever she uses her powers, it just puts her over the top.

Glad they had Mack turn back around and find a new role on the team, especially as the physical enforcer he should have always been instead of hanging out in in the back while the team goes on missions.

Coulson losing his hand was awesome and came out of nowhere. Looking forward to what they do with that when we see him next time.

I always love finales where they end with actual intrigue and things to worry about with the Terregin Fish infesting the world and Gemma being taken.

Hit and miss season, but ended extremely strong making it worth it.

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
I saw an article about the lost hands, and it's been in all of the cycle 2 movies. Apparently and homage to Skywalker

RealMarchHare

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 07:21:08 PM »
Girlfriend is angry and upset at Gemma being taken.

Episode really had me guessing on what was going on.

Torture scenes were BRUTAL.  Jesus

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 08:45:08 PM »
I saw an article about the lost hands, and it's been in all of the cycle 2 movies. Apparently and homage to Skywalker

Glad I wasn't the only person that saw that too. Plus the scene where Jiaying tried to convince Skye to join her seemed reminiscent of Vader trying to get Luke to join him in Empire

SCB

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:24 AM »
One thing that bugs is why didn't they even attempt to retrieve those terregen crystals that fell in the ocean?

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2016, 02:00:47 AM »
Wow. Did we really go a whole year without commenting on this show?

Anyway, this show is unabashedly TV-14 now. Not just the CSI violence, but the gratuitous close-ups of Daisy getting dressed.

Still, while I'm not keen on Ghost Driver, I thought it was a good premiere in the sense of setting a new stage. It felt like a new writer and artist taking over a title, which takes it in a new direction.

PS: I know this is the current Ghost Rider. That's fine. I just think driving a car doesn't make you a "Rider". At least they made the appropriate Fast & Furious & Dukes Of Hazzard jokes with the '69 Charger.

dam skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »
They unleashed many angles last night story wise.  The one that intrigued me was the ghost lady. 

The writers said they would go after magic this season, it should be interesting.

Not digging the new Inhuman agent works with rogue agent story, too obvious.

Zandrax

• Hey buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2016, 03:50:02 PM »
Live ratings were way down, but the show had a huge 3 Day DVR boost

http://deadline.com/2016/09/this-is-us-bull-marvels-agents-of-shield-live3-premiere-ratings-1201825884/

Counting the DVR views, it was the highest rated episode so far in 2016

BobbyR

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
some people may not have realized the time changed or didn't want t stay up